INDI Library v1.7.9 Released (23 Jun 2019)

INDI Library v1.7.9 is mostly a maintenance release to fix a few bugs in several drivers.

“New official Atik driver”

• Thank you received: 223

“New official Atik driver” was created by wvreeven

I see in the release notes of INDI 1.7.6 that there is a “New official Atik driver”. Which Atik camera’s are supported? Or more specifically, is the Atik Horizon Color camera supported?

Thanks, Wouter
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R
3 months 2 weeks ago #36300

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 78

Replied by jpaana on topic “New official Atik driver”

It uses the official SDK from Atik so it should support all Atik cameras, though I think there was something problematic about the very early cameras. It has specific support for Horizon for controlling gain and offset and presets for them.
Remote observatory running Ubuntu 19.04 x64 with ScopeDome 2M, Skywatcher EQ8 and HEQ5, TS 8" RC, Atik 383L+, ASI178MC, ASI120MM-S, SX Lodestar X2, SX USB wheel with OAG, USB_Focus V3, Gemini SnapCap, USB_DewPoint, KomaHub
The following user(s) said Thank You: wvreeven
3 months 2 weeks ago #36329

• Thank you received: 223

Replied by wvreeven on topic “New official Atik driver”

I asked this question in the Atik forums as well, specifically in the Atik Horizon sub-forum. Since no one answered (the forum seems to be suspiciously quiet though occasionally some replies arrive to some questions) I contacted Atik Support directly. They confirmed that the camera is supported by the latest Atik driver for INDI. I asked them about the gain and offset as well as cooling support and am still waiting for their reply. However, to me this answer already is a compelling reason to go and buy an Atik Horizon camera.

Wouter
ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with a SkyWatcher Esprit 80 ED on a SkyWatcher HEQ5-Pro

ASI1600MM-Pro Cooled and filter wheel with an 8" TS Ritchey-Chrétien on a SkyWatcher EQ6-R
3 months 1 week ago #36516

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds