INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI183MC Pro not working over wifi-Solved

• Thank you received: 5
Hello All:
Has anyone gotten their ASi183MC Pro working with ekos/ktars over wifi? I have a stellermate on my scope outside (which I love) and control it with my mac from inside. I can get the ASI183MC to focus with some tweaking but plate-solve only works infrequently and taking photos makes ekos crash regularly.

Once the weather got better I changed the position of my home router, updated kstars and changed cameras at once so I'm not sure where the problem lies. It seems the size of the files is the culprit but it could certainly be user error. Native file size is 40mb fits. I recently changed image settings to compress while at 16bit.

Any help or recommendations would be very helpful. I really love the idea of imaging with this camera at 540mm.

Thanks

Casey
Takahashi Fc100 & 8" RASA
MyT
Asi294MC & Asi183MC
Borg 50mm + Asi224
Pegasus FocusCube & Celestron Focuser
Stellarmate
Kstars, Ekos, TSX & Pixinsight
One VERY patient wife of 20 years now!
5 years 1 week ago #36778

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 33
If possible try an ethernet cable between your mac and stellarmate and see if that improves things. Or, you could use the Stellarmate hotspot and connect to it at the scope with a tablet or laptop. You could see quickly if the problems are caused by your wifi connection.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Casey Finn
5 years 1 week ago #36780

Did you try enabling the compression in INDI Control Panel as I suggested?

Also, I spent quite a bit of time trying to reproduce the crash, but couldn't (on virtualbox and also on a physical Windows 10 machine with very limited resources).

You can try installation the latest KStars nightly release from here: binary-factory.kde.org/job/KStars_Nightly_win32/
5 years 1 week ago #36786

• Thank you received: 5
Thanks for your help. I did what you suggested but found the problems. It turns out the pixels are so small in the ASI183MC they just need more light to work right....so after trying this and trying that I turned up the exposure time, a lot, and voila. Plate solve worked just fine and then I could get good images. Also I learned how to use the focus module better.

Related, it seems the stellermate works with two bars of wifi signal but is more stable with three bars (I moved my router back closer to my mount).
So 40mb files are not a problem over wifi. Nice
Takahashi Fc100 & 8" RASA
MyT
Asi294MC & Asi183MC
Borg 50mm + Asi224
Pegasus FocusCube & Celestron Focuser
Stellarmate
Kstars, Ekos, TSX & Pixinsight
One VERY patient wife of 20 years now!
5 years 1 week ago #36787
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds