INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Sony A7s erratic behaviour

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Some months ago I reported a well known problem using Sony A7s that I understand was due to libgphoto2 not reporting back the list of shutter speeds to the shutter widget.
Then I decided to stop using the indi-ekos-kstar suite waiting for libgphoto2 next releases.
Now I'm back testing the all things and I found that while libgphoto2 is returning the list of shutter speeds, the indi_sony_ccd app is allowing me to take greater than 1 second captures only in BULB mode.
We all (astronomers) know that the BULB mode is a "star eater" mode ..... so we do prefer to work with 30" poses that we can stack.

I don't know if I'm using the software in the most appropriated way so I detail the process:

- Power on the sony alpha 7 in S mode - Shutter speed not in BULB
- Start the indi server and start the connection with Bulb mode not forced
- I start capturing pictures with shutter speed < 1 sec

If I try shutter speeds > than 1 sec it doesn't change the speeder speed of the Sony itself.

To capture picture > than 1 sec I have to setup the BULB mode on the Sony camera and to parameter the forced Bulb mode within the indi configurator.
I forgert to say that I do have to relaunch the indi server otherwide the process hangs.

Is this all the appropriated way to work within indi?

Thanks for your support.
4 years 11 months ago #37279

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Masini on topic Sony A7s erratic behaviour

Still no answer, comment on this?

JP,
4 years 11 months ago #37500

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds