INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QSI driver stopped working

• Thank you received: 2
Dear all

I am a professional astronomer, but a newcomer to IND for my amateur side ;-) - I appreciate a lot this system.

Last week I configured mount and CCD (a QSI camera) in INDI and I was able to acquire images with Ekos+Kstars. I was very happy!
Yesterday my UBUNTU machine proposed an update, and it seems that I also updated to a more recent INDI in the process. I don't know if this is the reason, but now the QSI camera does not work any longer with INDI (while the tests proposed with the library, such as qsidemo, run ok). :(
INDI complains like this:

Dispatch command error(-1): INDI: Could not find property CCD_TEMPERATURE in QSI CCD
<setNumberVector device="QSI CCD" name="CCD_TEMPERATURE" state="Idle" timeout="60" timestamp="2014-12-11T17:12:51">
<oneNumber name="CCD_TEMPERATURE_VALUE">
</oneNumber>
</setNumberVector>

I tried an apt-get update of the INDI driver, then, but it seems that I have the last version, already. Any idea about what's happening?

Many thanks in advance
Paolo

(you will probably hear about me concerning the mount, but that's another story... and another topic )
9 years 3 months ago #2348

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Paolo on topic QSI driver stopped working

Important detail:

Of course the CCD does not take images. Any action (read-out speed setting, exposure requests) produces a warning and a "camera is offline" message...
9 years 3 months ago #2350

Sorry about that, it is fixed now, you should get it in the next update.
9 years 3 months ago #2355

Wow, great support, thanks a lot!
9 years 3 months ago #2356

Just a question (stupid one, sorry): how can i get the update? I tried by apt-get .... but it does not seem to work. Which version/build number should I have?
9 years 3 months ago #2358

The PPA takes about 12-24 hours to get updated, so just wait until tomorrow and you will get the update. Alternatively, you can always compile from SVN to get it immediately.
9 years 3 months ago #2359

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds