INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Cannot connect via GPhoto in latest build..

• Thank you received: 1
Latest kstars-bleeding build, just updated, I can no longer connect to the GPhoto driver (Canon DSLR). The indicator icon in the Indi control panel just remains yellow. I cannot simulate either (again indicator icon remains yellow). SBig works fine, just GPhoto is having the eternal "busy" issue. Maybe he thinks its Christmas already and went on vacation. ;-)

Jasem, I am on Kubuntu 14.10 now, and I see all your changes in the Ekos UI for DSLRs, just can't use them yet. :)
Best Always,

Daniel
9 years 4 months ago #2371

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
I use Distro Astro 3.0 and can also not connect my Canon 450D.
Instart Ekos, and choose dslr.
I then click on Start Indi after connecting my camera via USB cable.
It then gives the remark "cannot connect to camera. Is pwer ok ? "
Am,I doing something wrong ?
It is the first time I use distro astro and I like the tools.
Greetz, Eddy
9 years 4 months ago #2372

Eddy,

Make sure when you connect your 450D to the computer that the OS did not mount the SD card. Open your file explorer and ensure you do not see your 450D as a disk. Having it mounted as a disk prevents Indi from using it. There should be an icon to unmount the camera or right click menu item to do so if you do indeed see it mounted as a disk. Once you have it unmounted try to restart Indi and connect to it again and it should connect. This got me the first time as well, thinking something was wrong but it really was not. :)

My new issue is different from yours as I do not even get as far as you do. I am also using the bleeding-edge build, not sure what build is on DA 3.0.
Best Always,

Daniel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddy Timmermans
9 years 4 months ago #2373

Sometimes the PPA doesn't build things properly, I re-forced a build and also updated the version string. I tested it under Ekos VM and it's working fine.
9 years 4 months ago #2374

DistroAstro gets bleeding edge INDI but not bleeding edge Ekos because the newer Ekos needs 14.10+.

Eddy, if you want the latest Ekos (with some nice features for DSLRs), try Ekos VM, or Kubuntu 14.10.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
9 years 4 months ago #2375

I figured that may be the issue but not enough of the expert of PPA builds to say that was it. I know you fired it up before committing your improvements. :)

Thanks Jasem we will give it a go this week if the weather cooperates here in Central Texas. Of course will let you know if I find anything.
Best Always,

Daniel
9 years 4 months ago #2376

Apparently Distro Astro doesn't seem to dect my camera.
It is connected through USB but it doesn't show up on the screen.
Any suggestions ?
9 years 4 months ago #2378

Eddy, it may not show up anywhere, every OS is different in how it behaves when a Canon DSLR is plugged into it. If you do not see it in the file explorer when you plugged it in that is good on one account (it is not mounting the SD card) but it may not be good on another account (it is not even detecting it for some reason). Do you know for certain that the USB port you are plugging it into is functioning? Do you have a USB stick or other USB device you can plug into that port to ensure the OS sees it. Let's just make sure the USB port is functioning (with the OS) first. :)
Best Always,

Daniel
9 years 4 months ago #2379

Well, sometimes the camera turns itself off pretty quickly. Try to turn it ON then within seconds, connect to it from INDI. Another suggestion is to install digikam and see if you can connect to the camera to download photos and take captures...etc. Digikam also uses gphoto2 which is what INDI is using.
9 years 4 months ago #2380

My camera doesn't get recognised by Distro Astro. Even though the display says Busy when I connect the camera.
In windows I have no problems using the EOS utility to connect to the camera.
Is there somerhing similar for Linux ?
9 years 4 months ago #2386

Did you try installing digikam in Distro Astro?
9 years 4 months ago #2389

Not yet. Our messages crossed. I will try it this evening. Thx
9 years 4 months ago #2390

Time to create page: 0.956 seconds