INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Atik 383L+ on raspi crashes

• Thank you received: 138
I tried my Atik 383L+ on my raspi and I get a crash when I try to set the bin size or start an exposure.
This is what happens setting the bin values:And this is what happens starting an exposure:I suspect this has failed inside the binary library.

Some other things, there is no indication of the CCD temperature, even though this is available from the camera and there is a message saying that Abort Exposure isn't supported, even though it is in the camera and driver.

I may have a go at looking at this, I wrote the original Atik ASCOM driver many years ago. They took it in house subsequently but some of this is still vaguely familiar.

I've attached the full log file.

Chris

File Attachment:

File Name: log_13-43-00.txt
File Size:143 KB
4 years 11 months ago #37790
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Got it going. I noticed that the cooler information wasn't present so I compiled and installed from the sources so I could debug. And all it needed was compiling and installing.

I'm not sure exactly what version I had installed, are the 3rdparty drivers installed as part of the 1.7.6 install or could it have been even earlier?
4 years 11 months ago #37808

I asked Atik to look into it. Meanwhile, do you think you can get a backtrace?
gdb -ex "set follow-fork-mode child" -ex run --args indiserver -v indi_atik_ccd indi_simulator_telescope

In Ekos, create a new profile, turn off Auto Connect and add Telescope Simulator + Atik CCD. Set mode to remote and leave it to localhost. In Logs, make sure to select Verbose Logging to File, check INDI + CCD. Click Start then in INDI Control Panel --> Atik CCD --> Options, make sure "Driver Debug" is checked. Then go back to Main Control Panel and press "Connect". Check the terminal to see if the driver crashed, if it did, type backtrace and paste the trace here. Also attach the KStars log file.
4 years 11 months ago #37847

Thank you for the reply Jasem. It looks as if I was using some old and unknown version of the driver.
As I said in my second message I got it fixed by recompiling but it also survived an install/update following the instructions in the Atik driver details on the web site.
I have no idea what versions I was using so reverting to them will be tricky.

Incidentally would it be worth having a way to identify components accurately such as by adding a day number to the version data?

Sorry to put you to this work.

Chris
4 years 11 months ago #37878

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds