INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Moravian Temp. Ramp and Window Heating parameters not loaded

• Thank you received: 370
I have a small problem with the MI CCD INDI Driver. If the parameters for the Temperature Ramp and the Window Heating is changed, the values are stored in the config file. But when the driver is reloaded, these configuration parameters are ignored.

Does anybody have the same problem? I've tried to figure out where the problem in the code is - but everything looks like it should.

- Wolfgang
4 years 10 months ago #38855

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Have you tried to set a breakpoint at ISNewNumber and see if the properties are updated and the API functions called?
4 years 10 months ago #38861

Thanks for the question, I could drill it down a little bit. The weird thing is, that it claims "Loading device configuration... " on driver startup, but it does not step into the breakpoint for any number configuration. As soon as I load the configuration manually, everything is fine.

I'll try to drill it down further.

- Wolfgang
4 years 10 months ago #38867

• Thank you received: 87
Yep that happens to me too.
They are not restored.
4 years 10 months ago #38868

Hm, I have to correct myself. On driver startup, the configuration is loaded and ISNewNumber is called. When I step inside, even the attributes are updated to the correct value. But it seems like it does not reach the INDI GUI of Kstars.
4 years 10 months ago #38869

... and when I connect a second time to the driver, the correct value from the configuration is present. It seems like something with the initial configuration load does not work appropriately.
4 years 10 months ago #38871

It seems like the INDI properties aren't initialized correctly in the driver. When I call Indi_getprop, none of the INDI properties defined in the mi_ccd driver is listed. Only the properties of the underlying indi_ccd device are visible.

Any explanation for this?

- Wolfgang
4 years 10 months ago #39054

I would suspect it has to do something with the driver renaming itself? What device name are you getting in indi_getprop?
4 years 10 months ago #39062

It reports "MI CCD G2-8300", but none of the properties defined in mi_ccd.cpp are listed. The strange thing, which I do not understand: defineNumber(&TemperatureRampNP) is properly called within updateProperties(). Nevertheless, it does not appear as property when asked with indi_getprop.
4 years 10 months ago #39248

I still cannot resolve the issue, but I could narrow it down. It seems like the property updates do not reach the EKOS client after the Indi driver reads the configuration. If I disconnect and connect again, the correct values are displayed.

Any ideas?
4 years 10 months ago #39400

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds