INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Nikon D5000 Failed to expose

• Thank you received: 0
Well good luck w/ that Simon. This stuff can be very frustrating.

Who knows, maybe Zwo will have encouraging info; not sure what Astroberry costs....
4 years 10 months ago #39077

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Astroberry is free apart from having to buy your own Raspberry Pi. Its basically just an Ubuntu Mate OS with a few things pre installed like kstars EKOS etc that you can then connect to via VNC
4 years 10 months ago #39078

curios to see if it will run your camera
4 years 10 months ago #39079

I know it will... I managed to get it to work once, for one image, under testing in my house... Since then, nothing... Thats the really frustrating part about it! haha

I'll get there eventually though. At least I know the pi is able to control the USBrelay board properly now. It's now just a case of getting EKOS to do the same thing and I'll be golden and ready to build my all in one box for everything and add the homemade motorised focuser! :)
4 years 10 months ago #39082

Replied by Romain on topic Nikon D5000 Failed to expose

Hi guys,

I've been looking around here as I was running into the same kind of issue, then I'm posting my little bit of experience about it in case it could help someone in any way.

Basically I managed once (at first use) to get my D3300 capturing correctly without any extra shutter control device, but then when wanted to use it for real it was not working anymore (shutter not released / "failed to expose" issue).
I've then decided to go for a fresh install before to go for purchasing a kind of device mentioned here, and guess what...it's running properly at the moment (able to get any kind of capture, short and long exposure, FITS and native formats, etc.)

Setup
RPI2 Raspbian 9 / INDI 1.7.4 / indi-web
Laptop Ubuntu 16.04 / kstars-bleeding
Nikon D3300 / Standard Nikon DSLR Driver

No special costomization, just an install from scratch on both client and server, moving the reflex power mode from "medium" to "long", and putting it in Manual mode before wire.

Nothing really factual I assume...but a least it proves that it can work, and as also reported earlier, sounds like a damn bug somewhere.
4 years 9 months ago #40026

Time to create page: 0.645 seconds