INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

DSLR Save Image to my Camera's SD

• Thank you received: 40
Trying to get the most of Jupiter and take as many shots as fast as I can, I had the thought...

Why not same my images to the camera's memory. I have 64gigs there and it's easier to get to the chip to sneaker network to my PC for post work (to get the images off my Pi I have to unplug one of my USB devices to insert a memory stick for transfer). It's should also be much faster since it doesn't have to transfer the image to the Pi.

What are the steps I'm missing?

1. Capture Target: changed to "SD Card"
2. Uploa...tings: Dir: I've tried \DCIM\CANON But no luck and I get: [WARNING] Could not wait for event.

On EKOS
1. Upload: Local (with the above directory with no luck)
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 9 months ago #40466

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ok, odd... today I tried it again and now I get a un-mount external drive option when turning on the camera. (and it seems to be required that you unmount it before INDI will accept the camera)

But good thing is... now it all works. Images are being saved to my camera's SD. I can see them in the file structure on SM (actually see the camera there too). None of this existed a day or so ago.

I can now take fast sub second image very quickly.

Edit: I kinda take it back, it's saving them in both places. The camera's SD and the SM's directories. This at least lets me delete them fast off SM to free up memory. The other day I was taking a ton images of Jupiter and wanted to take some of Saturn, but transferring them took way too long (30+ minutes)

Thanks whoever is working on it!

Edit (again): Is there a way to turn off images going to the SM gadget? No reason if I have them going to my camera's SD (with 64 gigs and faster transfer, why wouldn't I do that)
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by David Tate.
4 years 9 months ago #40552

That did work last night (saving images to my camera). The saving time came from just quickly freeing space on my Stellarmate device by deleting the images there. (keeping fingers crossed that they existed on the camera) You can't mount the camera's SD when INDI is using that camera.

I'd like is...
- when I say to save to the SD (instead of RAM)... to not try to save on RAM at all. That USB is slow (camera to SM RAM).
- sample images should not be saved anywhere. It used to ask, now it just saves them (maybe just to my camera). Sample images include focusing images, plate solving images and just plain test images.
4 years 9 months ago #40597

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds