INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

Possible Bug? Force Bulb Not Working Consistently

3 months 2 weeks ago 3 months 2 weeks ago by werper.
werper
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Possible Bug? Force Bulb Not Working Consistently #40664
I'm shooting with a Canon T3i. Camera is set to "M". In the INDI Control Panel, I have Force BULB set to ON. My configuration is saved and comes up the same every time I run Ekos. However, I'm finding that the Force Bulb is not being consistently applied. When it doesn't work, the camera shoots frames at an estimated .1 second exposure. I have to exit Kstars, re-launch and try it again. Then, sometimes that relaunch fixes it (with ZERO changes done be me), other times the camera still shoots at .1 second exposure. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated in permanently fixing this glitch (bug?). Rebooting the software until it works correctly is not a solution in my book. ;)

Celestron C8-N
iOptron iEQ45 Pro
Sterrmate OS (beta) RPi 4, 4GB
Canon T3i DSLR - Primary Cam
Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2 Guide Cam
Astromania 60 Guide Scope
Polemaster Polar Alignment Cam
Robofocus Auto Focuser

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 2 weeks ago 3 months 2 weeks ago by werper.
werper
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Possible Bug? Force Bulb Not Working Consistently #40668
I think I solved my problem and may have discovered a bug in the process: I had been using a one second mirror lock to prevent vibration with my Canon T3i/600D DSLR. If I set the mirror lock to 0, then the camera seems to consistently shoot the correct long exposure to whatever time I have the exposure set to. I do not believe this is how the system should work however, and appears to be a bug. Mirror lock is used to prevent vibration, which is why I'd prefer to use it.

Celestron C8-N
iOptron iEQ45 Pro
Sterrmate OS (beta) RPi 4, 4GB
Canon T3i DSLR - Primary Cam
Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2 Guide Cam
Astromania 60 Guide Scope
Polemaster Polar Alignment Cam
Robofocus Auto Focuser

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds