INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Canon EOS-M cameras support

• Thank you received: 28
So looks like wifi connection option still is not supported on gphoto2. Will wait I suppose.
4 years 3 months ago #46679

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 22
After the k50 failed to bulb, but we had gotten some pentax models working, I helped some with GPhoto testing for the eos-m1 that I've never gotten to tether. It's trapped out pretty well in that camera to the point of not even being able to use an arduino IR trigger I made while connected to the camera card. If you connect usb it fails to fire even locally. I read that some newer models were fairing a bit better but haven't checked in for a while. Development for models is usually done through Libgphoto2 issues tracker at github so you might get info doing a search there and reading the development threads.
4 years 3 months ago #46706

• Thank you received: 0
Petarm,

What distro & version of Linux do you have installed? I've confirmed that if I switch the Canon RP to JPEG mode, it will capture images fine, however, capturing in RAW mode still fails, due to issues with linking to the updated LibRaw git snapshot and not being able to decode the CR3 format raw image with the olderLibRaw linked library. Since my original post, I've since found the "LIBRAW Latest for CR3" thread on this forum, which is talking about this issue.

Thanks,
Vince
4 years 3 months ago #46841

Hi Vince, so im running an asus tinker board with Ubuntu 18.04LTS using kstars 3.3.8 (i did an updated last Sunday 8/12/2019).

Connected my RP and captured a photo in FIT format. Image came across ok. Then i switched to RAW in the Ekos menu and it captured as well?? I did not see any error.
4 years 3 months ago #46846

Hi all, just to clarify, the Canon RP connection via gphoto is fine; can control, focus, capture, images download, etc......... but the issue is libraw still does not support RAW (CR3) format. The FIT image is being converted from the jpg, not the RAW (CR3). When capturing in the Native option, a jpg is downloaded, not a RAW (CR3).

So it looks like there is still some waiting to do.

Only wish i could code to help out :-( :-(
4 years 3 months ago #47012

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds