INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY5 - [ERROR] GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1)

• Thank you received: 0
Sorry, I had to be more specific; the idvendor (1618, QHYCCD) is clear, but my idproduct (0921) is not in the rules file to load a .HEX firmware file.

I expected something like this:
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1618", ATTRS{idProduct}=="0920", RUN+="/sbin/fxload -t fx2 -I /lib/firmware/qhy/QHY5II.HEX -D $env{DEVNAME}"

but than with {idproduct}=="0921"
4 years 6 months ago #43818

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

That's because it is 9020 and after the firmware is loaded, it becomes 9021.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hans, David Moon
4 years 6 months ago #43819

• Thank you received: 1
Excellent, QHY5L, QHY PoleMaster, and QHY 168C all working now with the new 85-qhyccd.rules file. Thanks
4 years 6 months ago #43821

• Thank you received: 69
The only issue I have now is that Phd2 (for those so inclined) sees the camera via indi, but not with a direct connection (on an Odroid-N2 Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS kernel 4.9.180-62 aarch64). Not sure I want to break things by tinkering this time.
4 years 6 months ago #43827

That seems to have dome the trick on my laptop running Linux, the Canon 100D and QHY5LII-M running happily together once again. Not had a chance to test it on the TinkerBoard yet - rain stops play :-(
Equipment:
EQ6R-Pro with SW 190MN, ATIK 383L+ and ATIK EFW2, guiding with QHY5LII-M on an Orion GuideScope (run from a PC in the observatory running SGPro)
EQ6R with SW 150PDS, Canon 100D (astro mod), guiding with with QHY5LII-M on an Orion GuideScope (run from a TinkerBoard S)

Terry
4 years 6 months ago #43834

I am still getting this error on the latest 1.4.4 Rpi3 and Rpi4 versions. I ran software updater today, Sept. 29, on both machines and the rules file in lib\udev\rules.d was updated with the 9/28/2019 85-QHYCCD.rules. I have rebooted both machines a number of times.

My camera is the Orion SSAG. It has worked well in the past connected as a QHY. On Stellarmate, the camera is listed as QHY-M-. In the rules file, under SSAG, it says stuff like idproduct "0011" and QHY5Loader.hex.

It connects with no problems, but will not take a picture. In the camera module it says capture aborted and in another place it says GetQHYCCDSingleFrame error (-1)

Do I need to run a firmware update or downgrade on the camera somehow?

What else should I be doing to make this work?
4 years 5 months ago #44057

QHY confirmed the issue in the SDK and are working on a fix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerker B, Tim Roske
4 years 5 months ago #44061

There is an updated libqhy in INDI Nightly repo that should fix the QHY/SSAG issue. Can you please update and test?
4 years 5 months ago #44121

SSAG now capturing and looping images on the Pi3 and Pi4.

Thank you very much.

Tim
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Tim Roske. Reason: Update to show results of test on RPi 4
4 years 5 months ago #44125

I just updated both my StellarMateOS_1.4.4 Pi3 and Pi4 systems. Can confirm that the QHY5LII-C, QHY5PII-C, QHY PoleMaster, and QHY168C are all working perfectly. Thanks
4 years 5 months ago #44149

• Thank you received: 2
Hi all,

I have just rebuilt my OdroidXU4 and this new version of the QHY driver works wonderfully well.

Thank you for sorting this issue.

Chris
KStars/Ekos running on OdroidXU4 Ubuntu Mate on the Mount and RDP from laptop for remote access
Telescopes: Skywatcher ED80 & Altair Astro RC6
Mount: Skywatcher HEQ5
CCD: Atik 414EX
Guider: QHY5 on Skywatcher ST80
4 years 5 months ago #44291

I can also confirm the latest driver works without issues with the QHYCDD 5L-II-M. Many thanks!
4 years 5 months ago #44371

Time to create page: 1.585 seconds