INDI Library v1.8.6 Released (21 Aug 2020)

August 2020 release of INDI Library v1.8.6 introduces new drivers while providing fixes and improvements to existing devices and core framework.

EOS 6D unstable after latest update?

1 year 1 week ago
knro
Administrator
Administrator
EOS 6D unstable after latest update? #43563
I am waiting from QHY to fix the QHY5 issue that was introduced in their QHYSDK v6.0.1. They had another issue with filter wheel support in some cameras that is getting addressed.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
The following user(s) said Thank You jerry, terryfitz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 1 week ago 1 year 1 week ago by kbahey.
kbahey
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
EOS 6D unstable after latest update? #43575

terryfitz wrote: Personally, I'm convinced it's a problem with the QHY driver since, though I can't get KStars to run reliably on the rPi4, I did get the INDI server running and got PHD2 open with the QHY5LIIM camera, but it refused to download and preview any images. If I had al alternative guide camera to the QHY, I would try that to see if it made any difference, but I don't sadly.

I have the exact symptom.
After upgrading to the latest QHY, it stopped working.
The exposure counts down, then no image is downloaded.

Is there any way to go back to an earlier INDI-QHY driver (and maybe an earlier CANON one) since this has all just apparently started with the September release - it may just be coincidence, but again, this would be a way of eliminating things that aren't the cause of the problem.

I observed that the Canon driver works, at least for my 650D/T4i, but only when I don't have the QHY driver configured in INDI. If I do have it configured to my astro gear profile, the Canon driver would not work.

1 year 1 week ago 1 year 1 week ago by alacant.
alacant
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
EOS 6D unstable after latest update? #43613
Hi everyone
I cannot reproduce this issue using canon nor gphoto drivers but I'm using
a zwo guide camera.

Would it be possible to lose the maintenance upgrades to the stable branch until we have had time to test them? Or lose them altogether? Or perhaps give us a way to roll back to something
to before we applied the upgrade?

ATM I have only one computer for imaging. As soon as I can afford another, I promise I shall go back to running the bleeding edge alongside and do my share of testing too.

This time I've been lucky in not having qhy...

Cheers and clear skies,
Steve

ubuntu 18.04
700d, eq6, t7m

1 year 1 week ago
kbahey
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder
More
EOS 6D unstable after latest update? #43614
What I found is that if I start an exposure with the QHY, it never ends (no image download), and after that the Canon 650D/T4i also never downloads. If I delete the QHY from the profile, and therefore no exposures through it, the Canon works fine.

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds