INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AtikOne internal filter wheel problem

• Thank you received: 0
Calling all Linux INDI
I'm having issues with my AtikOne when I connect using Ekos the camera connects but the internal filter wheel keeps rotating. This happens whether I connect using Ekos through KStars directly on the RPi or on the remote windows PC. I have tried different USB ports on the USB3 hub and USB ports on the RPi. I have tried 2 different USB cables and 2 different power leads.

I have had this problem previously. Last time I fixed it by connecting the camera directly to the windows pc and connected to the camera and cycled through the filters with the software. Once reconnected to the RPi it appeared to work. Unfortunately, this fix hasn’t worked this time. I’m a bit stuck.

The RPi is an RPi4 running the beta version of StellarMate OS for RPi4

thanks

Darren
4 years 5 months ago #44830

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sorry for the double post I couldn’t find my original post and thought I had done something wrong.

Darren
4 years 5 months ago #44831

We had another report for this exact problem. I'm not sure what the underlying problem is, and it's not related to INDI per se since the filter wheel begins rotation as soon as you plug it in. Maybe this is related to one Atik filter wheel completely not working under RPI4. The best action now is to communicate this issue with Atik as well.
4 years 5 months ago #44855

Thanks, I have posted this query on StargazersLounge, the Atik support forum and I have also sent a support ticket to Atik via email, so hopefully we can get it sorted. I think it must be an INDI driver issue as the filter wheel only starts spinning once you connect using Ekos which starts the INDI server. The wheel micro switch click at each filter position through each filter, when it gets back to the first filter there is a double click of the micro switch, this is supposed to signal the home position of the filter wheel to the software, but it just keeps cycling through the filters until the power is cycled on and off. It is as if the driver is ignoring the double click.

Darren
4 years 5 months ago #44863

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds