INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI-120mm mini causes crash when plugged into ASI hub

• Thank you received: 370
Yesterday I tried a new setup with my ASI-1600mm pro as main camera and the ASI-120mm mini as guiding camera.

I thought it would be a good idea plugging the guiding camera into the USB hub contained in the ASI-1600 and having the latter plugged into the USB3 port of my RPi4. The RPi4 is on the latest INDI version.

It wasn't a good idea. After two or three calibration steps of PHD2, the RPi4 was completely dead. The KStars log file contained some weird characters at the end (less showed @@@@@@@@).

I know, the ASI mini has problems with USB2. But my hope was that it would at least work with an ASI hub. If I plug the ASI mini directly into the USB3 hub which is connected to the RPi4, everything is fine.

Does anyone of you use this setup successful, or do you experience the same behavior?

Wolfgang
4 years 5 months ago #45642

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 182
If your RPi4 was completely frozen, I have now experienced the same behavior with a different setup repeatedly. Not just a KStars crash, in my recent cases the Pi4 was rendered completely unresponsive. I could still ping it, but I could no longer connect via ssh. So no VNC either.
Are you running Raspbian or MATE on it?
Jo
4 years 5 months ago #45661

• Thank you received: 370
4 years 5 months ago #45667

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds