INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY Driver: Testing required

• Thank you received: 5
Hello,

Same problem as yours.

Lastly, I observe problems on the regulation of the temperature of my QHY183M.

The behavior is random, the automatic regulation works, the next day not.
Ditto with manual control, it works for two or three inputs, after the command does not seem to reach the camera.

I would post the logs for the next test.

Laptop or PI, with two QHY cameras (183M and 5LII-M).
4 years 2 months ago #47754

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

there is indeed some testing required -- by QHY. I'ts an issue of their SDK.

With the latest sources (QHY SDK 6.0.5) and my QHY163M the regulation stops after a while and the PWM value get stuck.

I rebuilt the driver with SDK 6.0.1. (had to comment out a new feature). Now it works, but its unstable: the PWM value jumps between a few percent and 90%. Because at least the 163's have a lot of power supply induced noise that's no solution.

I'll test which version is stable and send a report.

Update:
SDK 5.1.0 which can be found in the indi source package 1.8.0 seems to be the last version with stable temperature control.

Regards Stefan
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by stefanz.
4 years 2 months ago #47817

• Thank you received: 1
Jasem:

Sorry for the slow reply, busy work week.

Problem: Describe the issue exactly:

Using a MiniCAM5F with INDI you cannot pick a set point for temperature. Example: if you tell the system to use the target temperature of -10C it will not reach this set point. In fact the power is always set to 1.18% no mater what target temperature chosen, with cools down to about +10C.

Expected Result: what is the expected behavior:

The camera should cool to the expected temperature as long as the requested temperature is within the cameras parameters.

Log: Attach log with the issue.

Logs attached. Please let me know if I can give you any additional information.

Regards,
Mike
4 years 2 months ago #47864
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 19
Hello,

I have the same problem with my QHY 183C. Into the Control Panel it is not possible to setup a temperature to focus. Into the Capture tab, the temperature reached is that of the control panel. But I can't change it.
4 years 1 month ago #49485

It seems that 3.4.0 version of Kstars solves well this issue.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by MORELLI.
4 years 1 month ago #49488

• Thank you received: 1
No luck, I'm still having the same issue with my MiniCAM5F. I have reached out to QHY as I would like this fixed...

Regards,
Mike
4 years 1 month ago #49499

Replied by fmozza on topic QHY Driver: Testing required

I just updated to latest Kstars and INDI bits for QHY. With my QHY163m cooling is improved and stabilises within a couple of minutes. When I get some time, I'll try my older QHY9 as well. Also no issues recognising my QHY5L-II-M either.

jmh
4 years 1 month ago #49514

This is my last experience with Kstars 3.4.0 and QHY 183C.
- Cooling: The temperature is twisting between -8° and -12° when setup is -10° with 0.1° tolerance. Normal ? Sometimes the cooler disconnects and it is not possible to connect it again. I have to close and open a new Ekos session.
- In looping frame mode, randomly Ekos freezes. The Indi server crashes with return to the desktop immediate.
- Issue when the capture must be saved on the HD, the directory that I setup, is modified. The initial directory is /mnt/DATA/Ekos_capture/20200303 into the Capture tab and Directory field.

[2020-03-03T23:48:59.116 CET CRIT ][ org.kde.kstars.indi] - ISD:CCD Error: Unable to open "/mnt/0C2F541F66995919/Test/Light/Light_001.fits"
[2020-03-03T23:48:59.116 CET INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos.capture] - "Échec dans l'enregistrement du fichier vers /mnt/0C2F541F66995919/Test/Light/Light"
[2020-03-03T23:48:59.117 CET INFO ][ org.kde.kstars.ekos.capture] - "CCD capture aborted"
4 years 3 weeks ago #50426

Hi,

Another experience with my QHY183C.

The settings, gain, offset, USB traffic and USB buffer are not well registered in the Indi Panel. At each connection, I have to set up again most of these fields.
More, in the Capture tab, Custom Properties, it would be usefull to register a configuration and use it at each connection. Or it is possible but I don't know how to manage.
The cooler regulation is now OK. I have had not understand well how to manage this item.
I have to setup the temperature threshold to 0.5° because of its too big twisting.

Thanks to all the development team for this huge product, Kstars. We are now about 20 to use it in my club with 117 members. Each year I make 2 sessions about astro-photography with Linux. Two years ago I was alone, now we are about 20 ! Good result, good job !
4 years 1 week ago #50779

They don't persist even if you go to Options --> Save Config ?
4 years 1 week ago #50789

Definitely.
4 years 1 week ago #50790

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I have a similar problem of temperature regulation with my QHY183C.
I put the temperature at -15°C in automatic mode.
Sometimes, it work
Sometimes, the cooler don't stop and goes up to -20°C with a cooling power of 100%
Sometimes, it stop at about -3 or -4°C
Sometimes, it goes down to -16,5 and then it goes up.

I use Astroberry on a raspberry PI4 that I installed 4 days ago (I am a new user).
I have updated Kstar and INDI today.
- Kstar 3.4.1
- QHY Driver : 2.6
- QHY SDK : 19.11.15

I tried to install a new version of the QHY SDK (20.02.19) but after the installation, EKOS can't see my camera. I have perhaps forgotten something.

I tried the camera with Sharpcap on windows and all is OK so the problem doesn't come from the camera.

Thank you by advance.
4 years 1 week ago #50895

Time to create page: 1.235 seconds