INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY Driver: Testing required

• Thank you received: 0
Thank you for your responses.
I put the variation at +/- 0,5°C and now it seem to be OK.
4 years 1 week ago #50953

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
Mine is a qhy294c running on kstars 3.4.2.
After upgrade to 3.4.2 the temperature control is broken and the temperature would oscilating between 5-6 degree around the set temperature.
Sometimes if it set the temperature to requires 60-70% of 5he cooler power after 10 minutes the temperature would settle. But if I push the cooler to over 80% then the temperature and cooler power just jump around.
Example:

If the temperature set at -15 degree, it wont keep the temperature stable

If the temperature is set at -12 degree (rquire abt 63% of the cooler power) then after 10 minutes it would stablize
Please report this to QHY. Thanks for your help and sorry for the broken English
3 years 11 months ago #51499

I will report these issues to QHY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nguyễn Trọng Minh
3 years 11 months ago #51502

• Thank you received: 9
Thank you. Now, how do I revert my libqhy and indi-qhy to the previous version? I search all over the forum and could not seem to find it.
I try the latest firmware on windows via sharpcap and the problem is not there. Seems it only on linux version of the sdk. What a shame!
3 years 11 months ago #51506

• Thank you received: 19
Hi,

I have always issue with saved configuration. At the next session, the QHY parameter are not well recovered. Often the offset is 0 when I saved 3. Same for USB trafic. It back to 30 value instead of 0 saved.

Do I have to load a right configuration or is these saved that will be load?
3 years 11 months ago #51636

It is automatically loaded by default. Check under ~/.indi and check the values in the QHY config file there.. they correspond to the same ones you expect? Check the permission of the file.. can it be written over by you?
3 years 11 months ago #51668

Hi,

join to this message the QHY183C XML configuration file and a screen capture of the Indi panel just after connection. Curiously, the parameter USB Buffer doesn't exist in the file. The XML .default file, all the value are 30.

Thank for your support.

Robert
3 years 11 months ago #51699
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 28
Hi all any news from QHY regarding a fix to their SDK.

Im using a QHY163 and then thing wont capture at all. On capture, it goes into an endless download loop.

The cooler oscillates significantly from the set point and the camera will not disconnect.

Attached is the log file,

regards

File Attachment:

File Name: log_21-21-36.txt
File Size:7 KB
3 years 11 months ago #51864
Attachments:

Replied by fmozza on topic QHY Driver: Testing required

I too have a QHY163 (mono version though) and am using the same version of the SDK you are using with no issues. I would like to see temperature control a little tighter but +/- 0.3 is ok. Other than that, no issues.

Perhaps there are other issues: power, cabling, USB ports, etc. From your sig, I noticed you may be running on an ARM system (RP4, Tinker Board), I've moved from ARM based systems back to an Intel based NUC with much more success and stability. The newer cameras with USB3 are more demanding and push the limits of the ARM based systems.

Regards,

jmh
3 years 11 months ago #51871

• Thank you received: 28
Hi jmh, i have been debugging it today after issues last night. So a summary; the tinker board is stable no issues so no more updates for it. I use it when im doing a serious imaging run as it works perfectly. The rpi4 is a build in progress.

So i had not updated the rpi4 since the end of February 2020 as it was working ok. After the issues last night (mainly with guiding) i decide to do a full update and then the qhy issue started. The qhy and the zwo asi224 (guider) are both connected via USB3.

This morning i tried again with no luck. So i connected the qhy to the USB2 port instead of the USB3 port and presto, it worked. When i connected back to the USB3 port, the thing works.. All power connections we the same as last night after the upgrade. I then ran everything (mount via wifi, guider, imaging camera with cooling etc and everything is working under both USB2 and USB3. Really weird, i cant explain it.

I have read elsewhere on the forum issues with using USB3 and 2.4G wifi (which is how i remote to the rpi4). I switched to 5G wifi with no issues, except my mount connects via wifi and the shywatcher wifi dongles do not support 5G wifi, so i have to stick with 2.4G or go back to USB eqdirect.

Anyways, ill give it another go tonight. Maybe it is just scared of the dark ;-)
3 years 11 months ago #51872

Hello,

I use a TinkerBoard with NAFABOX system (Ubuntu 18.04LTS) both a QHY 183C and QHY 224C. I use also an RJ45 cable 30m long to connect the TB and my laptop. I don't use USB3 HUB and all work perfectly. The wifi of this card are too feeble and need to be replaced by a directional antenna to run well.
The only issue I have, is the loading of default camera settings (gain, offset, USB trafic and USB buffer). The right values are not loaded correctly for some or all the settings.
More the USB buffer setting don't appear in the XML file configuration of the camera.
The cooler regulation works pretty much but no more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Petar Milevski
3 years 11 months ago #51881

Replied by fmozza on topic QHY Driver: Testing required

I used a ROCK64 SBC with a USB3 hub and could never get it really stable. The USB3 hub connected the camera and a 500GB SSD boot drive. I tried a number of USB3 hubs but experienced issues with all of them. Rather than spend more money on looking for a combination of parts that worked, I went with the NUC. It uses more power, but it much faster and I've not had an issue for 6 months. I also don't use WiFi as it isn't full duplex, 5G attenuates more quickly than 2.4Ghz, and the use case just isn't suited to wireless. Much better to go with 1Gbe wired.

The drivers are another issue. QHY needs to find a good engineer to help with the cooling problem - it shouldn't be that hard to fix. The settings is also an issue, but is not unique to CCDs - I have to manually adjust the guide rates for every session for my CEM60 mount as they are not saved. Perhaps there were some unintended changes when the github repositories were reorganised. Over time, they'll get fixed I'm sure. I do have to say that in general, INDI is much more stable and the usability of EKOS get improving too.

jmh
The following user(s) said Thank You: Petar Milevski
3 years 11 months ago #51883

Time to create page: 0.948 seconds