INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Issue with ZWO ASI290mini on stellarmate

• Thank you received: 0
I am using a raspberry pi4 with stellarmate installed on it. I have succesfuly connected my guide camera ZWO ASI290mini and managed to take some pictures via the capture module in ekos, but for some reasons after a few tries it then refuse to capture more and I don't understand where the problem comes from.. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting everything but it seems to persist and I'm lost...

I did some research before, there seem to be some problems with ZWO cameras but apparently the "mini" camera like the 120 or 290mini shouldn't be affected.
Also I guess it is not a driver issue since I was able to connect to the camera and even do some captures.

Would anyone have some tips / ideas or just some reading materials regarding those issues ?

Thanks in advance.
4 years 3 months ago #47275

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How do you power the cam? I'm using a powered USB hub. Connecting the cam directly to the RPi (3B) often results in timeouts.
I also replaced the USB cable. The one that's shipped with the cam caused a lot of trouble.
4 years 2 months ago #47734

• Thank you received: 420
There have been several topics about RPi4 and camera connectivity issues, also with this particular camera. The solution seems to be to attach it to a USB2 port and not a USB3 port.

HTH, Wouter
4 years 2 months ago #47935

This issue should also be fixed in SM OS v1.4.7 for RPi4 coming up in 1-2 weeks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keld Henningsen, Paween Arayangura
4 years 2 months ago #47939

I'm pretty sure I tried to use the usb2 port but didn't see any improvement so I assumed it was a problem on the software-side.

It's good to know a future update is supposed to fix the problem !

Thanks a lot or the replies.
4 years 2 months ago #47951

• Thank you received: 9
I've been using my ZWO ASI120mm as a guide scope with RPi4 and tonight I tried to image with my DSLR and connected it to the RPi4 and suddenly there were issues with connecting the the 120mm.

Now there is nothing I can do to get it to connect, changing ports, swap cables, etc. so I thought maybe the camera went bad. Dug out the Rpi3 Stellarmate and it works fine.

Something changed when I plugged in my DSLR. I could take pics with it, but no dice on the 120mm. I am going to restore the original 1.4.6 and see if it works from there.
4 years 2 months ago #48029

• Thank you received: 9
I restored the original Stellarmate RPi4 1.4.6 image on the SD and everything is working fine now.

Somehow the software became corrupted and the ZWO camera just stopped working. That was discouraging and will be certain to keep an backup SD card handy.
4 years 2 months ago #48030

Time to create page: 1.103 seconds