INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Frames are not downloading with QHY367C

• Thank you received: 8
Hi

I have the following devices connected to my MacBook Pro (with macOS Catalina):
- Astro-Physics Mount connected to INDI (USB-Serial)
- Focuslynx connected to INDI (USB-Serial)
- QHY367C connected to INDI (USB)
- QHY5-IIL connected to INDO (USB)
All devices are connected to two USB hubs which are connected to the Mac's Thunderbolt 3 connectors.

Starting Ekos is fine but then connecting the devices is always a bit of a lottery. The mount mostly is connected immediately, the focuser doesn't connect since a few days (but this is not the problem of this topic), the QHY5II-L connects mostly without problems, but the QHY367C makes problems. I usually have to disconnect the devices, restart Ekos and connect again. In 1 out of 10 tries, the QHY367C is connecting successfully.

I did not find a pattern to connected the QHY367C correctly. I assume it is a matter of where the camera is connected (on which USB Hub, with which other devices on the same hub), but as said, I didn't find a pattern yet.

The last two nights I have run into a new problem. Besides the usual connection problems, I cannot download anymore frames from the QHY367C. I took a 1s frame, the remaining exposure time field counted down to zero, the spinner next to the remaining exposure time doesn't stop spinning and the frame is not downloading. The FITS viewer never opens.
In the attached log file you see the log entries for the QHY367C. Theres is a message "Exposure timeout. Restarting exposure..." which points to the problem but I have no idea what creates the problem and how to solve it.
I noticed that as soon as I unplug the USB cable from the QHY376C, the FITS viewer opens immediately and the frame is displayed.

Does someone else has a similar problem and found a solution for it?

Thomas

File Attachment:

File Name: QHY376C-LOG.rtf
File Size:10 KB
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Thomas Pfenninger.
4 years 2 months ago #48353
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8
Just for the case that someone else has the same problem as I reported, I found the solution.

The camera showed different and not reproducible behaviours. Sometimes it didn't connect to INDI, sometimes the downloaded frames were pure white, sometimes the frames were not downloading at all.
I bought high quality USB cables from tether tools and now all the problems are gone. It seems like my problems were all because of the USB cables that were included with the camera.

have a nice day
Thomas
4 years 1 month ago #49795

• Thank you received: 19
I've got somewhat similar but not nearly so severe a problem with my QHY294C ... exposure timeouts on occasion, very long download times ... but it's also connected to a Pi3 running Astroberry, so I just assumed it was a wifi issue.
4 years 1 month ago #50010

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds