INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver for Raspberry Pi "High Quality Camera?"

• Thank you received: 12
Hi, the total time is quite a lot longer than 1 second but I can't test it now. The limit of exposure time though is fixed and works now.
Regards, Lars
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rashed
3 years 7 months ago #58116
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 0
May I ask if it is sensitive enough for auto guiding. But if it takes long, it may not be ideal anyway. Thanks for letting me know.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Rashed.
3 years 7 months ago #58117
I have not tried that. To work as a good guidecamera I need to implement subframing first, that way the loop-time should be better. I does seem to be quite sensitive, with back illumination and all but I have not tested myself yet but I will.
3 years 7 months ago #58400
I had a small patch of clear sky last night and so i pointed my f180mm guide scope and it was able to pick out stars not visible to naked eye following a 1 second exposure.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Rashed.
3 years 7 months ago #58405
NIce, i will also try to use it for planets. Think it will be a good camera for that too.
3 years 7 months ago #58486
Hi, I would like to buy a high quality camera for the Pi in the near future. Currently I'm trying to use the RPI camera driver, a V2 camera on the Raspberry Pi to test if it works as I think it will before I invest more money.
I can also select the driver in Ekos, but I always get the following error (see picture)

After that the driver supports. Do you have an idea what could be the reason for this ?
Could you maybe describe briefly what I have to do to test your driver ?
I have already managed to compile parts from the indi-3rdparty package, but I don't know how to use your driver.
Thanks a lot !
3 years 6 months ago #59702
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 16
I haven't had any luck with indi_raspistill yet. It still barks on startup. Correct me if I am wrong (because it doesn't work with the HQ camera either), but indi_rpicam is for the original Pi camera, not the new HQ, correct?
3 years 6 months ago #59798
To answer both questions above, the indi_rpicam currently only supports the hi-quality camera with the IMX477 chip but I am looking in to support the IMX219 also as we speak.
3 years 6 months ago #59802
Hallo,
I've got a problem with the indi_rpicam driver.
The exposure time i set in ekos does not change the picture exposure for exposures longer than 1 sec. It take the requested time to have a picture ex 30sec but the light in the image is not changing, for time shorter than 1sec it works as aspected.
In raspistill it all works as aspected.
My best regards.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Gianfranco.
3 years 3 months ago #63613
After a rpi-update all is working as aspected.
3 years 3 months ago #63666
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi there,

I'm playing around with the HQ camera and INDI. Unfortunately the camera ignores all exposure settings over 1000ms. Should that be so ? Isn't there actually 200000 ms max?
3 years 3 months ago #64982
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi there,

I found a solution.

1. Connect Ekos to the Raspberry HQ Cam
2. just set the exposure to higher 10 sec, maybe 20sec
3. Set the gain
Now you can play with the settings and they will be applied.
If I set the gain before exposure, they will all be ignored.

Tino
3 years 2 months ago #65114
Time to create page: 1.962 seconds