INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver for Raspberry Pi "High Quality Camera?"

• Thank you received: 0
I bought and installed stellarmate. After installing indi-rpicam, when I start it with indiserver -v, the result is the same as the compiled version from astroberry.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by James McPherson.
3 years 9 months ago #56068
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
I didn't figure out why I couldn't enable it from the command line, but I was able to enable it from the INDI Control Panel and then open PHD2 and start streaming images to it.

Is it still a 1 second limit for the exposures?

-Jim
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by James McPherson. Reason: Updated information.
3 years 9 months ago #56070
  • Thank you received: 12
Ok, seems the actual binary is missing for some reason. Ill have a look at it.
3 years 9 months ago #56083
Yes, there should be no HW-limit to that 1sec as far as I know but the documentation for this camera is very sparse. Ill keep trying to increase the time.
3 years 9 months ago #56084
The binary is not missing, it should be
indiserver -v indi_rpicam

not indi-rpicam. This is why you can use KStars/PHD2 to start it since the binary is correct there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lars Berntzon, James McPherson
3 years 9 months ago #56091
It's remarkable how much better things work when you type the right commands. I've got it working on both platforms now, but like that I had a good excuse to buy Stellarmate.

Thanks for the help! I'm excited to see what this little camera can do as a guide scope and as a planetary imaging camera.
-Jim
3 years 9 months ago #56126
I was planning to invest in a guide camera and was think the pi Hq cam would be a good option.

Was wondering what your experience is with this sensor?

I see the driver is not piggybacked on raspstill but natively use MMAL. How long does it take to process a 1 second exposure? Also I noticed a fixme comment on the source code for exposures longer than 1 sec. May I ask what is the limitarion with that?

The pi hq cams are all out of stock atm, with stock expected later next week I believe. Any feedback would be appreciated wrt guiding.
3 years 7 months ago #57919
Hi, the total time is quite a lot longer than 1 second but I can't test it now. The limit of exposure time though is fixed and works now.
Regards, Lars
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rashed
3 years 7 months ago #58116
May I ask if it is sensitive enough for auto guiding. But if it takes long, it may not be ideal anyway. Thanks for letting me know.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Rashed.
3 years 7 months ago #58117
I have not tried that. To work as a good guidecamera I need to implement subframing first, that way the loop-time should be better. I does seem to be quite sensitive, with back illumination and all but I have not tested myself yet but I will.
3 years 7 months ago #58400
I had a small patch of clear sky last night and so i pointed my f180mm guide scope and it was able to pick out stars not visible to naked eye following a 1 second exposure.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Rashed.
3 years 7 months ago #58405
NIce, i will also try to use it for planets. Think it will be a good camera for that too.
3 years 7 months ago #58486
Time to create page: 0.797 seconds