INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY Driver problem wrong libqhy.so version

• Thank you received: 0
I installed the indi-full package under ubuntu 14.04 and whenever I start the QHY driver though "indiserver -v lib_qhy_ccd" I get the following messages:

2015-05-17T17:50:50: Driver indi_qhy_ccd: stderr EOF
2015-05-17T17:50:50: Driver indi_qhy_ccd: restart #1659
2015-05-17T17:50:50: Driver indi_qhy_ccd: pid=31928 rfd=0 wfd=6 efd=7
2015-05-17T17:50:50: Driver indi_qhy_ccd: indi_qhy_ccd: error while loading shared libraries: libqhy.so.0.1.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The /usr/lib directory only has a file named "libqhy.so.0.1.3"

Please advise,
Guy Dufour
8 years 11 months ago #4235

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Ok, I found what it was, it was a broken link with libqhy.so

Regard
Guy Dufour
8 years 11 months ago #4238

The QHY Library (i.e. libqhy) is still broken and I'm waiting for QHY to submit a fix.
8 years 11 months ago #4240

• Thank you received: 41
It works fine here (Fedora 21 using my OBS repo), "libqhy.so.0.1.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" sounds like a package linked against the old release. Maybe indi-qhy needs a rebuild @PPA?
8 years 11 months ago #4246

• Thank you received: 10
To describe the QHY indi driver situation as a mess is an understatement.

1: The normal channel release of the files does not occur as a batch. Thus, a user can update part of the needed files without updated consistently the entire file set needed for things to work.

IMHO, I believe the attempt to integrate a QHY filter wheel function into the QHY indi driver is fundamentally a problem. While some QHY cameras possess a direct camera to filter wheel connection, others do not. I would suggest a separation occur. An INDI driver for QHY cameras. An INDI driver for QHY filter wheels. Conceptually, this is better for KStars, easier to understand, and likely much less likely to cause bugs.

2: The use of different directories, UDEV rules, and different file naming has led to a massive confusion. We need to get down to one list of what KStars expects for the location of QHY firmware, UDEV, and what file names are to be used. (i.e. is it a 99 udev rule or an 85 qhy rule?)

The concept of 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards is not progress.

Dan
8 years 10 months ago #4268

• Thank you received: 10
Rather than just complain, I will elaborate more on the specific problems I am now seeing the present driver version.
When connecting to the QHY5L-II camera, I am seeing a large arbitrary camera gain value. The camera, when using the Set expose default of 1 second, never completes taking a single image.

When the user closes the connections, the driver hangs and never completes the action. Stopping the INDI server and closing KStars-Bleeding never closes, or even stops, the crashed indi_qhy_ccd process. As a result, multiple processes will exist conflicting with future KStars restarts.

Dan
8 years 10 months ago #4271

• Thank you received: 6
I am stuck with this :(
It prevents me from testing in the field ubuntu-MATE kstars/ekos on raspberry pi 2. I will spend a lot of time on the observatory next month and it is annoying not being able to put the time into good use.

But most important for QHY, it prevents me from buying its IC8300 camera. It's no sense to sell a linux camera to integrate INDI but not having working drivers! I lost my faith on that branch.
8 years 10 months ago #4287

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic QHY Driver problem wrong libqhy.so version

Hello

I have tested QHY9S with five holes color filter wheel.It seems working well.please see the following picture:

the following env is :
PI2 + ubuntu mate
INDI Library:1.1.0
indi-qhy:1.3
libqhy version 0.1.4

the following env is :
ubuntu 14.04 x86_64
INDI Library:1.1.0
indi-qhy:1.3
libqhy version 0.1.4

I updated the libindi indi-qhy libqhy to the latest verion.

So.If you find any problems.please tell me,I think all problems will find a way to fix.

BTW. I am a programer of QHYCCD.

Best Regards!

lzr
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by a Guest.
8 years 10 months ago #4288
Attachments:

Thank you lzr!

So there is a way to get it working!! I think I will find time tomorrow, so I will try to put some order on the lib versions, as I don't have same versions you show.

In the mean time, would you be so kind to let us know the way we can get the proper versions? I don't think I am discovering those through apt-get and knro repositories.

As soon as I got it working I will report how it works on the field
8 years 10 months ago #4296

I eventually got it working. After matching lib versions I still got two problems. First, it kept showing 0.1.2 missing. And second, udev rules not ready for my qhy5.

libqhy.so was a link to a missing file libqhy.so.0.
So I linked it to the libqhy.0.1.4. I don't recall a reason for that broken link so I guess it wasn't my fault ;)

Regarding udev rules I ended up adding as many as 4 lines. Don't ask me why, as I don't understand what i did.

So it would be pretty helpful to easy things...
8 years 10 months ago #4307

• Thank you received: 41
Can you post the lines you added to udev rules? Then we can analyze it and add them to the driver ;) Was the same for my QHY5, there seem to be a whole collection of PIDs.

@Libs: Looks like something went wrong there :( When the driver searched for 0.1.2 it was compiled against it. Then the driver (up to date one) should be recompiled against 0.1.4. As I'm the Fedora packager for INDI things I know very well that this is quite sensitive.

Greetings,
Christian
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Christian. Reason: typo
8 years 10 months ago #4308

What I did for my qhy5 to work was adding 4 lines to 85-qhy.rules, as I said. Maybe the logic of what I did is wrong, but I worked ;)

I found 3 lines referening to the same qhy5 device:
ATTRS{idVendor}=="1618", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1002", RUN+="/sbin/fxload -t fx2 -I /lib/firmware/qhy/QHY5LOADER.HEX -D $env{DEVNAME}"
SYSFS{idVendor}=="1618", SYSFS{idProduct}=="1002", RUN+="/bin/sleep 5"
ATTRS{idVendor}=="1618", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1002", RUN+="/sbin/fxload -t fx2 -I /lib/firmware/qhy/QHY5.HEX -D $env{DEVNAME}"

So I duplicated those 3 lines and changed vids and pids for mines: 16c0 296a. And then went to the end of the file and duplicated this line:
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="16c0", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2971", MODE="0666"
changing again vid and pid for 16c0 and 296a

I hope it helps someone.

Regards,
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by gus.
8 years 10 months ago #4320

Time to create page: 1.081 seconds