INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHYCCD Amp-glow control on Ekos?

• Thank you received: 23
Mmmmm, if you see my posted darks, it seems to work correctly
3 years 6 months ago #59040

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 138
From what I can see both of your dark images show a large fan of light just below half way down on the right hand side but the AmpGlow OFF image shows smaller light areas in the bottom left and bottom right corners. These small areas don't show in the Amp Glow ON image.

Does that mean that the large fan on the RHS is not amp glow but the smaller areas in the lower corners is?

Is the large fan of light anything to worry about?
3 years 6 months ago #59061

In the 183M the ampglow is located in the middle-right of the frame. But the other light is not coming from an exteternal source, because the room was into the dark. This kind of lightness seems goes down if the amp glow is enabled, probably is related to the stress of he camera. If you do not pause enought between shoots, it increases. The amp glow controol seems to mitigate this
3 years 6 months ago #59065

• Thank you received: 9
Both the light on the corner and on the right side of the frame are amp glow. But when you turn on amp glow control the light on the corners got subdued, i think that's the amp glow control in action. The "light fan" on the right side of the frame look some what bigger but I suspect it'd due to how much stretching you applied, assuming you are using the autostretch feature. The autostretch will most likely stretches the "Amp glow control On" more due to lower ADU value. Please try to stretch the 2 images by the same amount and post the result here. Thanks
3 years 6 months ago #59069

Yes the default stretch is applied and also the are BINNING 2x2 images, so the glow is more "present"
3 years 6 months ago #59072

By "default" you mean the software automatically determined how much stretching applied, correct? If so could you please manually apply the same stretch to both of the image and let us see the result? Thank you.
3 years 6 months ago #59074

I can post this test done with 120sec, opened with KStars fits viewer

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nguyễn Trọng Minh
3 years 6 months ago #59075
Attachments:

I tried the latest driver and sdk and no luck. My friend using 163m is having a blast at it. The amp glow control reduce about 50% of amp glow for him. Would you please check with QHY? Since it stated on the specs of qhy294c as having supported the feature.
3 years 6 months ago #59131

Hi,
I noticed that in the INDI version 1.9.5, the QHYCCD driver reports that che camera 183M does not have the AMPGLOW control.
I remenber in older version that this is present and it was enabled/disabled.
Please check it and let the user to controll it
1 year 10 months ago #82678

It was removed by QHY and it is always ON now.
1 year 10 months ago #82681

• Thank you received: 0
I guess you could take a guess at what they are then let us know that you've made the change so we could download the nightly to test to see if the On/Off/Auto values are correct and report back. feedback survey breakfast hours
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by marshsur.
1 year 10 months ago #82900

Time to create page: 1.624 seconds