INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos crashes with QHY alongside Zwo Asi

• Thank you received: 5
I am having a persistent problem with running my QHY5III178 alongside ZWO devices (ASI2600MC is worst, problem occurs also in connection with ASI290MC and ASI Filterwheel).
Once I have my QHY camera running alongside any Zwo device it is only a question of time, until ekos crashes. Even if I only activate my Zwo camera in Firecapture, and have no active instance of Zwo in indi, ekos will crash. Log file is attached, but as far as I can tell, the log just stopped at the point of the crash.
I always had one little problem with my QHY: the video stream would not work. The window would open, even show a fps number, but would just remain black. I did not make much of it, as I mainly use my QHY for guiding, and the looping function and the single exposure function always worked as they are supposed to. As long as I operated the QHY with my Canon EOS the system appeared to be stable. When I tried to connect a Zwo filterwheel I would have crashes quite often at the start, but if I used the filterwheel only in oacapture, it would run ok. Now I have a Zwo ASI 2600MC and I just can´t get this camera to work reliably in parallel to the QHY. Running the 2600 alongside a Zwo 290MC is no problem at all.
My system is based on an astroberry running on Pi4. astroberry is most recent version.
Does anybody else have similar problems ? Any hints to get the system stable ?
Many thanks
Dirk
3 years 7 months ago #60065
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
3 years 7 months ago #60082

If logs are turned off completely, it's also an issue? Appears that the QHY logging is extreme and that might cause issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sonny Cavazos
3 years 7 months ago #60102

• Thank you received: 38
I will try that ASAP.

Thanks.
3 years 7 months ago #60103

If you update SM OS now (assuming you switch to nightly), you should see the new KStars package with this fix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sonny Cavazos
3 years 7 months ago #60135

• Thank you received: 0
Hello all,
I am having similar issue. Have the latest SM version with all updates.
I have my main imaging camera QHY294C Pro connected to StellarMate along with the ASI224 as a guider camera. It is even the ASI224 crashing or the ZWO EAF, but it is rather the EAF. When I change ASI224 to QHY5L as a guider, no issues whatsoever, everything works smoothly, also the EAF, so I believe it is connected to ASI224.
Any ideas on that?
1 year 1 month ago #91127

I don't know what would lead to this. A conflict on USB is unlikely to cause the SDK / driver to crash but without backtrace, we're not sure how it is triggered. Can you run the drivers via Ekos Debugger and see if you can get back any useful backtrace?
1 year 1 month ago #91133

I have updated the SM OS once again, now it is the QHY driver crashing. Again only only in case the ASI224 is connected. I have attached the log.
1 year 1 month ago #91145
Attachments:

Thank you for the logs. Actually neither show any crash. I noticed you're using ZWO Camera 1 driver. Maybe that could be one reason for this issue, what if you use just "ZWO CCD" driver?
1 year 1 month ago #91148

It doesn't really matter which driver is in use, it does crash with all four (ZWO CCD - ZWO Camera 3).
What I have realized, is that it crashes due to the indi-qhy driver right after I start EKOS, then a new KSTARS session starts and log this new session to debugger. When I switch off the debugger, then it starts without any error, but crashes at the first EAF move with several other error messages related to position, temperature read error, etc.
As I have mentioned, it does only with ASI224 connected. When I change to QHY5L camera, everything works perfectly, so I don't think it is me, doing something wrong. :)
1 year 1 month ago #91151

Ok I wonder if some power issue would trigger this, but it seems far unlikely. Please contact StellarMate support so a remote session can be arranged to investigate this more.
1 year 1 month ago #91152

Time to create page: 0.787 seconds