INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Nikon Z6

• Thank you received: 0

Nikon Z6 was created by Steven Ball

Hi, I have managed to setup Ekos and Kstars, it has detected my Nikon Z6 camera and I can see a video preview, so I know the camera is talking to Raspberry Pi, when I try to take a test image, the shutter fires and then the wheel in Ekos spins, then the software crashes, I suspect it has to do with either the file type or where I'm trying to save it. I have read that on Nikons the images need to saving to the card in the camera ?, so that is what I have tried to setup. I'm not sure if its the setting in Indi or Ekos that is causing the problem. Does anyone have a working Z6 ? if so could they share the correct settings that work for them please.
3 years 6 months ago #61000

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Gilbert on topic Nikon Z6

I have a Nikon Z6 and it works just fine in Ekos on StellarMate. I write raw files to the camera SD card and FITS to my pictures folder in StellarMate. I have the capturetarget setting in the indi driver set to SD instead of RAM. This was a carryover setting from my old Nikon d7000 that required it, but it seems to hold true for my Z6 as well.
SkyWatcher HEQ5 > Pegasus Pocket Powerbox > Celestron Nexstar 6se OTA w/ f/6.3 FR > Nikon Z6 imaging camera > Agena StarGuider 50mm guide scope > ZWO ASI290MM Mini guide camera
3 years 4 months ago #63186

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Christopher Miller on topic Nikon Z6

I'm having tons of issues with my Nikon Z6 as well (www.indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/8642-ks...with-dslr.html#66961)

Anyone that is having this working I'd love to know the details of your INDI settings to see if I can get mine working.
Christopher Miller

WO GT71 / ZWO 183MC Pro / ZWO EAF / WO Uniguide 50mm / ZWO 290MM Mini / EQ6-R Pro
Meade 8" LX90 / ZWO 224MC / RigelSystems wifi-nFocus / ZWO OAG / ZWO 290MM Mini / Meade EQWedge
AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm Lens / Nikon Z6 / ZWO 30F4 MiniScope / ZWO 120mm Mini / Star Adventurer 2i
3 years 2 months ago #66962

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds