INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Compiling issue with indi-qhy-ccd

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Despite a rather long experience with Linux, I am very new to INDI. I cannot install indi-qhy-ccd on my Debian 10 platform because the proposed solution (ppa-based) is no longer supported on recent Debian systems (GPG issues). The guys from QHY sent me their SDK for the AMD64 architecture (2/0.7) and I was successful in building and installing libqhyccd. Regarding INDI, I got everything from github and building indi-core was easy.

For indi-qhy-ccd, the situation is very different! The cmake step does not comply at all:
-- Found CFITSIO: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcfitsio.so
-- Found libqhyccd: /usr/local/lib/libqhyccd.so
-- Found libnova: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnova.so
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/pourbaix/Projects/build/indi-qhy

but 'make -j4' returns tons of error messages. Here are the first few:

/home/pourbaix/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-qhy/qhy_video_test.cpp:CMakeFiles/qhy_ccd_test.dir/qhy_ccd_test.cpp.o105: in function `: undefined reference to `EnableQHYCCDLogFile'
main':
/usr/bin/ld/home/pourbaix/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-qhy/qhy_ccd_test.cpp:: 234: undefined reference to `GetQHYCCDReadMode/home/pourbaix/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-qhy/qhy_video_test.cpp:'
106: undefined reference to `/usr/bin/ldEnableQHYCCDMessage: '
/home/pourbaix/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-qhy/qhy_ccd_test.cpp:237: undefined reference to `GetQHYCCDReadModeName'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pourbaix/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-qhy/qhy_ccd_test.cpp:250: undefined reference to `GetQHYCCDNumberOfReadModes'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pourbaix/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-qhy/qhy_ccd_test.cpp:254: undefined reference to `SetQHYCCDReadMode'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pourbaix/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-qhy/qhy_ccd_test.cpp:257: undefined reference to `GetQHYCCDReadModeName'
/usr/bin/ld: /home/pourbaix/Projects/indi-3rdparty/indi-qhy/qhy_ccd_test.cpp:265: undefined reference to `GetQHYCCDReadModeResolution'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Anything obvious I am missing? I would expect that if there was any dependency issue, it would reported by the cmake step.

Thanks.

Regards,
Dim.
3 years 5 months ago #61078

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Hi Dimitri,

Welcome to the wonder world of INDI :) The QHY SDK is part of the INDI 3rd party distribution. My bet is that the fact that you’re using the one provided by QHY is the reason for these errors. Can you please try to first build INDI and (the drivers you need from) INDI 3rd party without the SDK sent by QHY and see if that works? In your email to me you wrote that the camera works on your RPi so then it should work on your laptop as well.

HTH, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dimitri Pourbaix
3 years 5 months ago #61080

• Thank you received: 375
Your're obviously missing libqhy, which is part of indi-3rdparty sources ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dimitri Pourbaix
3 years 5 months ago #61085

• Thank you received: 0
Thank you to both of you. Wouter's suggestion was correct: there was a conflict between libqhy* supplied by QHY in early September and the rest of INDI. Once the faulty version removed, I could compile and install the INDI version of libqhy*.
3 years 5 months ago #61086

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds