INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Increase live video preview size with Nikon DSLR

• Thank you received: 69
The streaming options for my Nikon DSLR Z7 shows 640 x 424 by default and I am unable to increase those values. Are there any tricks to force a larger preview image?

Thanks
3 years 5 months ago #61932

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Bonjour, j'ai le même problème avec un Nikon 5100. Quelqu'un a-t-il une idée pour solutionner ce problème ?

Merci
2 years 3 months ago #78425

• Thank you received: 21
AFAIK, the Nikon driver is gphoto2 based. So you need to check, if the feature is supported by gphoto2. Here www.gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php you can see that the D5100 is only supported in PTP mode. As far as I recall, this means limited functionality only. Check other posts in this Forum to verify this (I am not an expert with gphoto2 and PTP-Mode).
2 years 3 months ago #78432

• Thank you received: 0
Merci pour tes informations. J'ai vérifié sur le site visiblement tous les options de Nikon DSC D5100 (PTP mode) : Image Capture, Trigger Capture, Liveview, Configuration sont validées. J'ai trouvé une option dans Capturesetting > Moviequality où on peut mettre 1280x720, mais ce n'est pas pris en compte avec la capture de streaming. En utilisant DigCamControl sur PC j'arrive à faire du streaming avec les options validées jusqu'à 1920x1024 30vps dans le Nikon D5100. Je souhaite faire les captures avec Astroberry pour me connecter à distance via Wifi. C'est pourquoi je recherche une solution de capture à la résolution maximum depuis un raspberry.

Avez-vous une idée pour m'aider à trouver une solution à ce problème. Merci de votre aide.
2 years 3 months ago #78449

• Thank you received: 39
Apologies my French is not good, but for LiveView over USB, the max resolution for Nikon cameras, is about 640x424 (or something close) on SOME of the new ones, D5? D6? , there's a setting which can work I believe, to get up to (from memory 1024x???)

For the D5100:
* USB Liveview: 640x424
* HDMI: 720p or 1080i (at some frame rate)
* Record: same as the HDMI. (Might have higher frame rate.)
* Record and download capture (via USB): same as HDMI.
You can (as I do) use a HDMI capture card to grab the higher resolution video from the HDMI output.

sourceforge.net/p/gphoto/mailman/gphoto-...ail.com/#msg28828770

Note that remote control via USB and HDMI are mutually exclusive.

As far as the Z7: I think there's a setting, it MAY be: LiveViewZoomArea to get it up to a bit better resolution? or /main/capturesettings/moviequality seems to have 1280x720, so that might work? (Might be the recording setting?)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerry Black
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by james_lan. Reason: Clarify
2 years 3 months ago #78462

Time to create page: 0.826 seconds