INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problem with ZWO indi_asi_ccd Driver

• Thank you received: 16
I suddenly have lost the ability to change format from 8 bit raw to anything else using the indi_asi_ccd driver with my ZWO CCD ASI178MC. The error message is:

[ERROR] Cannot change format while streaming/recording.

However, it is neither streaming nor recording. Turning streaming on and then off and recording on and then off does not solve the issue.

I tried using the camera with an imaging program that has internal ZWO drivers and no issue. I also tried using PHD2 (Xubuntu 20.04 on Pi4 64 bit mode). When I use the native ZWO driver, all is well. When I switch to the indiserver, it goes back to stuck in 8 bit mode with the error on attempted change.

I have had the camera about a month and it has worked well until last evening. I did download the latest from github/indi and compile/install proir to the error. That may be the issue. If so, was there a recent change to the code?
3 years 4 months ago #63116

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 109
I had this exact problem a few days ago. It cleared up for me in later builds. When did you last pull from git for your build? I used a pull from last night, with this timestamp: git-20201119133258, and everything worked well for me on both ZWO cameras. I even tried switching from 16 to 8 and back to 16.

Jim
3 years 4 months ago #63117

A day or two ago...but I will pull one now and compile, then report back.
3 years 4 months ago #63118

[SOLVED] Today's git and compile fixed it.

Thanks!
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Jon Carleton.
3 years 4 months ago #63127

• Thank you received: 38
Same is happening for QHY cameras.
3 years 4 months ago #63245

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds