INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Orion Starshoot Not Recognized by EKOS

• Thank you received: 1
No, the popup message you show does not appear. I ran it twice and checked thoroughly behind all windows. I then ran PHD2 with the same cable connection, just to eliminate that possibility, and it detected the camera immediately and lit up the red light on the back of the camera as it always does. Thanks for your efforts to fix this, as a former programmer myself I understand how frustrating these things can be to debug.
3 years 3 months ago #64266

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
A side question, what does Ekos say when you try to use the SSAG as a main camera instead of the guider camera? (it might not be possible)

-Eric
3 years 3 months ago #64268

Hi Eric, I had already tested that, but did it again just to make sure, it's the same thing, same message that it can't enable the camera.

Cheers,

Paul
3 years 3 months ago #64300

• Thank you received: 809
The QHY Library has now been updated so that we will be able to build for 10.13 machines. However, based on this thread, I think we should try to get to the bottom of this first to see if there is some sort of issue with the driver or the library.
3 years 3 months ago #64312

So another way we can try this is to start it up from the command line with verbose logging displayed and then try connecting in Ekos. If you are up for it you can try these commands in Terminal:

export INDIPREFIX=/Applications/KStars.app/Contents
export PATH=/Applications/KStars.app/Contents/Resources/DriverSupport:$PATH
export PATH=/Applications/KStars.app/Contents/MacOS/indi:$PATH
indiserver -vvv indi_qhy_ccd

Then start up KStars and try to connect to the "Remote" indiserver

3 years 3 months ago #64315
Attachments:

Ok, did that, see attached 2 screenshots of results.
3 years 3 months ago #64340
Attachments:

Looks like you got the message that I got before when there was no camera connected. Did you have the camera connected and on this time?
3 years 3 months ago #64341

Hi Robert, No it was connected. I tested it with PHD2 first as always, and it worked, I actually connected through a new powered USB hub I just got, just to try it out, and it was the only thing connected to that hub. Didi this give any clues?
3 years 3 months ago #64359

Well so far, it seems exactly the same as what I am seeing on my computer. It's not printing any useful messages that would indicate what is wrong.
3 years 3 months ago #64361

One thing that you could try, might be to try copying the libqhyccd.dylib file from the PHD2 app bundle Frameworks to the KStars app bundle Frameworks and just rename it so that it matches what the other one is called (libqhyccd.20.dylib). You might also have to copy their libusb since it is linked to that one.

It doesn't solve the problem though, ti would just be a temporary solution. But one thing it might do is let us know if it is the QHY library or if it is something with our QHY driver.
3 years 3 months ago #64363

Well part of the challenge is that I don't have a QHY camera and another part is that we are all volunteers with full time jobs, so we can only do this in spare time.
3 years 3 months ago #64364

I just found another possibility. It looks like somebody changed my code in INDI QHY that helped it find the driver firmware on OS X. I don't know what the new code does, but I will ask why it was changed. It's possible that with the new code, it doesn't need to find the firmware the way we did it before, or I guess its possible that it can't find the firmware now. I will check into it.
3 years 3 months ago #64370

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds