INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Orion Starshoot Not Recognized by EKOS

• Thank you received: 1
Ok, great. I'll try the things you suggested a little later too. I'm happy to help in any way I can,. Unfortunately I'm of limited use to you as my programming skills are decades out of date now, but at least I have a camera to test on.
3 years 3 months ago #64399

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I tried searching for the filenames you mention but none show up, you're going to have to give me very specific instructions if it's something more than a copy, paste or delete, but happy to give anything a try, ( my programming experience was all C and Assembly language under MSDOS )
3 years 3 months ago #64425

• Thank you received: 809
Well C is not a problem, because INDI and KStars is mostly either C or C++

So, no guarantees that this will work, but it could give you a working driver and will narrow down the issue I think.

I assume that KStars is at /Applications/KStars.app and that PHD2 is at /Applications/PHD2.app

In PHD2 there is a file called /Applications/PHD2.app/Contents/Frameworks/libqhyccd.dylib which is linked to another file called /Applications/PHD2.app/Contents/Frameworks/libusb_openphd.dylib

I assume that these are working fine based on what you said.

In KStars there is /Applications/KStars.app/Contents/Frameworks/libqhyccd.20.dylib, which is the file that is causing the problem I suspect, since I don't think there were any issues with QHY in our last release (or I didn't know) and I think this is the main thing that changed for QHY. We also have another possibility that the issue is really with the INDI QHY driver that uses this library which is at /Applications/KStars.app/Contents/MacOS/indi/indi_qhy_ccd If the issue is in the INDI QHY driver, we have a lot of capability to fix it, but if the issue is with the QHY library, we have to ask them to fix it.

So my suggestion is that you back up the file /Applications/KStars.app/Contents/Frameworks/libqhyccd.20.dylib somewhere else (like drag it to your desktop) and then you copy /Applications/PHD2.app/Contents/Frameworks/libqhyccd.dylib and /Applications/PHD2.app/Contents/Frameworks/libusb_openphd.dylib to /Applications/KStars.app/Contents/Frameworks/ and then rename libqhyccd.dylib to libqhyccd.20.dylib so that the INDI driver uses this one instead of the other one. Then see if it works. If it does, that tells us that something is wrong with the new binary library form QHY.

If that is not the culprit I do have another idea, we could move the firmware and see if that helps.
3 years 3 months ago #64430

Unfortunately didn't work, I got the same message as before saying unable to establish QHY CCD. Then a few seconds later up popped a message saying "INDI driver crashed, restart it?" with a countdown to answer.
3 years 3 months ago #64445

Did you try running it from the command line as I showed you before, or maybe in the Device Manager? Just starting it in Ekos doesn't do much for us since not enough info will print out.
3 years 3 months ago #64448

Yes, here's a screenshot of the terminal window saying it's an incompatible Library Version.....
3 years 3 months ago #64451
Attachments:

Oh too bad, we can't try that then. Ok, well you can put the old one back and we can try moving the firmware.
3 years 3 months ago #64453

and here's a screenshot of the Device Manager Log window...
3 years 3 months ago #64456
Attachments:

I just took a look in the PHD2 app bundle. I don't think I see the firmware at all! I had been thinking that maybe QHY is now looking for firmware in a specific folder, but I don't know

I know the old version of QHY loaded the firmware the same way that we do on OS X for DSI, SBIG, GPHOTO, Canon, fish camp, and Apogee. I wrote the code that would locate them for INDI and package the firmware up for the OS X version. But apparently that got changed last year for QHY, I don't know why.

I think we need Jasem's help on this one since he builds the QHY binaries for INDI. He might know what is going on.
3 years 3 months ago #64458

Ah ok, thanks. I feel like I know Jasem already as I've been watching all of his tutorial videos. Let me know if there's anything more I can help with.
3 years 3 months ago #64478

Should I also remove that "libusb_openphd.dylib" file that I copied into the Kstars Frameworks folder?
3 years 3 months ago #64479

• Thank you received: 0
I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the exact same problem and all Google searches keep pointing to this thread. Was there a solution to this? The thread just seemed to die.

I've run the Device Manager feature in Kstars and also from the command line, both seem to find the camera just fine. Mac OS also lists it as a functioning USB device.

Maybe the problem is with Ekos/Kstars,? Not sure how they talk to indi-server.

I would post all the logs / screenshots, but they are exactly the same as the original poster. I'm running all the latest version for Mac OS

Again, apologies for dredging up an old thread, but don't know where else to turn.
1 year 8 months ago #84478

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds