INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Orion Starshoot Not Recognized by EKOS

• Thank you received: 809
I don't currently remember the solution to this one. I think the issue was related to the driver SDK being updated. I don't know what happened afterward. I can ask.
1 year 8 months ago #84513

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
I believe I was the original poster, I didn't find a solution. I tried using the QHY Camera driver as was suggested to me, but that didn't work either. I continued using PHD2 for guiding, which does recognise the Starshooter, and works fine in conjunction with EKOS. I hope that's of some help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew
1 year 8 months ago #84524

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll be switching to PHD.

I've noticed problems with this driver/camera on Windows and Linux. The solution was to manual build the driver from the source code and that solved the problem. I just don't have a clue how to compile from source on a Mac.
1 year 8 months ago #84525

• Thank you received: 809
I just asked Jasem about this, it is a complicated answer and I hope I got this right. He said that apparently the SSAG is a generic name for a bunch of cameras. The first generation was QHY based, so that driver worked for them, but not for the later models. There is another INDI driver called indi-orion-ssg3 driver works with the StarShoot G3 and G4 cameras. But there are other StarShoot Cameras too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew
1 year 8 months ago #84529

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks for looking into this. I've tried all the Orion SSxx drivers with no luck. It's weird that it works just fine on my Windows and Linux machines.
1 year 8 months ago #84534

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds