INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Omegon Camera veTEC 533 C Color

• Thank you received: 41
Thanks! Good to know that!
3 years 3 months ago #64932

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Hello!

I actually tried to connect the exact camera mentioned here with Ekos (KStars Version 3.4.2) today and it didn’t work.
As required I used the toupcam driver but when I tried connecting it said

“No toupcam detected. Power on?”

Am I doing something wrong or is it possible that this model is not compatible with the current toupcam driver at all?
3 years 3 months ago #64964

Hi there!

I actually tried to connect this exact camera to my MacBook with Ekos (KStars Version 3.4.2) yesterday and it didn’t work. As required I used the toupcam driver but when I tried connecting it said:
“No toupcam detected. Power on?”

However when I tried to connect the camera with the touplite capture software from the ToupTek website, the camera connected just fine and worked perfectly.
Am I just doing something wrong or is it possible that the toupcam driver is outdated/ not compatible with this camera?
3 years 3 months ago #64968

Did you have any luck with the camera?

I am just a click away to order it.

As per the product description:
Compatibility: The Omegon Pro cameras are compatible with a wide range of available astrophotography programs through the common interfaces ASCOM and INDI. Native compatibility is also being added to a growing number of programs, like PHD2 and N.I.N.A.
3 years 2 months ago #66537

Well, the camera is great, but I still haven’t really been able to get it to work with INDI. After some help the camera does get recognised, but for example the program crashes when trying to platesolve or randomly during exposures. I’ve resolved this by using the ToupLite capture software which isn’t really ideal but gets the job done. (Where I live clear nights are super rare so I don’t really have the time to try and fix the issues with the driver).

The camera itself works perfectly, the cooling system is quick and effective, the subs look great even with short exposure times.

Hope this helps with your decision...
3 years 2 months ago #66548

Oh! This is really a drawback !

I use exclusive Raspberry Pi with Astroberry on the field at the moment.
3 years 2 months ago #66550

I wonder if anyone with the appropriate skills - this is not me for sure :-) - could understand if the Omegon Pro SDK is helpful to add, edit something into the build (?)
3 years 2 months ago #66551
Attachments:

FYI, I've just had a communication with astroshop.eu and they've informed me that :

In addition to that, the same person informed me that he actually uses this camera with a Raspberry PI and Stellarmate with no issues.

So those are good news :-)
3 years 2 months ago #66554

Thats interesting. Maybe the driver issues are resolved or the issues im having are specific to my setup. Either way good luck with the camera.
3 years 2 months ago #66570

• Thank you received: 140

FYI, the Altair Astro cameras are also identical to those too, and are just a rebrand, and use the same driver apart from a couple of changes....
3 years 2 months ago #66593

I've seen them too - in fact I was thinking about the 183, but I've decided to go for the 533 sensor. In addition to that, UK now has customs, so sadly, this is no longer an option.
3 years 2 months ago #66596

So the camera is here, but maybe my settings/selections are wrong, cause this is not the result I was looking for.

The output file should be gray and 18Mb but my files are 27,1Mb and colored. I've only changed my main camera in my profile and worked ok.

3 years 1 month ago #67035
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.899 seconds