INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHYCCD - No QHY camera detected. Power on? AND Unable to etablish: +QHYCCD

• Thank you received: 2
Dear All,

Since a few weeks, I have modified my setup. Today, I have a PoleMaster camera for alignment, a QHY5III178C for tracking, a QHY294M for imaging. The mount is a Skywatcher AZEQ6. The whole is controlled by a PI4 Stellarmate (SM) which runs Kstars and EKOS with INDI drivers.
When I added the PoleMaster camera for alignment, I was missing a space to set the FOV parameters of the PoleMaster. I did some tests and found that Astrometry.net could not solve Polaris. I realized afterwards that it was the FOV that was not correct. I also read in an old post by Jasem Mutlaq that it was preferable to create an INDI specific setup to the EKOS alignment. I then thought that if we are going to separate, then we might as well use PolarMaster on StellarMate to do the alignment and use Kstar and EKOS for the rest. That's when my problems started. At the beginning of December 2020, I wanted to run PolarMaster on the SM. It would start, the salt shaker would turn and then everything would stop without any effect. So I started recharging PolarMaster on the SM. I followed the procedure described under www.qhyccd.com/index.php?m=content&c=ind...show&catid=30&id=223. It never worked. I did the updates on the SM, I reloaded the INDI drivers, etc. I did the same for PolarMaster. Without success. Except that since the beginning of 2021, QHYCDD cameras are just not recognized at all. When I start Kstars, three error messages are displayed: 2x "No QHY camera detected. Power on" and 1x "Unable to etablish: +QHYCCD Please ensure the device is connected and powered on". I have tried everything. Jasem Mutlaq tried a remote fix without success. However, the hardware works. PolarMaster on Windows 10 works with the PoleMaster camera. EZCAP fully recognizes the QHY5III178C on Windows 10. But on PI4-SM, nothing to do. I tried to reinstall old drivers as suggested by some people on posts. But it doesn't work. Depending on the driver version, the lsusb command announces the cameras in 940 and 178 or in 941 and 178. The qhy_ccd_test command displays:
" QHY Test CCD using SingleFrameMode, Version: 1.00
QHYCCD|QHYCCD.CPP|InitQHYCCDResource()|START
QHYCCD|QHYCCD.CPP|InitQHYCCDResource|auto_detect_camera:false,call InitQHYCCDResourceInside
QHYCCD|QHYCCD.CPP|InitQHYCCDResourceInside|START
QHYCCD|QHYCCD.CPP|libusb_init(NULL) called...
QHYCCD|QHYCCD.CPP|InitQHYCCDResourceInside|numdev set to 0
QHYCCD|QHYCCD.CPP|InitQHYCCDResourceInside|END
************************** config file path ************************************
QHYCCD|QHYCCD.CPP|InitQHYCCDResource|Load ini filePath = /home/stellarmate fileName = qhyccd.ini
SDK resources initialized.
No QHYCCD camera found, please check USB or power".

There you go. I am a little desperate. Do you have any suggestions on where to go from here, please?
Thank you in advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 2 months ago #66224

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Not sure if it is related but I have a QHY5-11 mono guide camera which was working well on Tuesday night only to not work by Wednesday night. It has connected OK but will not take any images so no guiding. Just to check it out I opened Firecapture and that works fine. So that rules out the camera. Wondering ifthere has been an update on QHY drivers.
3 years 2 months ago #66252

Thank you for your comment. QHYCCD said me that they will give me a call after making some tests. I will publish any useful answers.
3 years 2 months ago #66260

Results of the weekend tests

During this weekend, I made two tries. First, I installed an August 2020 version of AstroPIBox. Everything worked perfectly. Both cameras (PoleMaster and QHY5III178c) were recognized. Then, I reflashed an old version of StellarMate (1.5.4). Everything worked for both cameras (I have not yet tested the 294M since the drivers still seem to change a lot), both in Kstars-EKOS and in PolarMaster. I ran the command "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade" and everything updated. I chose "Y" as SM installation option. At the end of the update, I reboot everything. Kstars-EKOS and PoleMaster see both cameras and collect images. That's it. Here I am. But at least, I'll be able to get out again... Hopefully the 294M will work with this setting.

Thank you for your collaboration
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rafael Schlegel
3 years 2 months ago #66422

• Thank you received: 1
I downloaded the nightly version, then did an general computer update which included the QHY driver. QHY guide camera working fine. Now to get the Meade dsi 111 driver going
3 years 2 months ago #66448

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds