INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Two camera of teh same manufacturer

• Thank you received: 19
Hello,

My setup includes an imager camera and a guide camera that are QHY 183C and 224C. Is somebody in the same case, with two cameras of the same manufacturer, and if yes, have you some trouble ?

When the two cameras are linked directly to my laptop (with USB3), things seem to roll well.
When the two cameras are linked to a Tinkerboard (with USB2), in a remote way, and Kstars is running on it, often I have trouble with the guiding camera. Capture abort, guiding stops and I have to discard Ekos and Kstars and to launch them again.
I have to test a remote setup with a RPI4 8Go (with USB3) as soon as the clouds will be away of my location.

Thank you for your support.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by MORELLI.
3 years 1 month ago #67736

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27
Yes. Several times and on different computers (Ubuntu on Intel, Rasbian, Ubuntu on Raspberry). When I connect both my ASI178MM and an ASI120MM-S (usb3) on the machine and start guiding exposures with the 120 and a secuence of exposures with the 178 it will go wrong. Never to say when but it happens. (Looks like the driver get's confused with exposures, and one camera will hang waiting for exposure to finish) Luckaly I am now using Atik and ZWO and that gives no problems.

Rgrds,

Paul
3 years 1 month ago #67741

• Thank you received: 117
A datapoint on the other side. I have ASI imaging cam and also ASI guide cam running on Pi4 through powered USB hub using the standard INDI asi driver(s). I've never experienced any issues like those described. Not sure what to attribute this to, but I guess I'll thanks some lucky stars. Could it be that using a powered USB hub and reducing Pi's USB to just the hub data cable might help to eliminate these types of issues? It's something to think about.
3 years 1 month ago #67746

• Thank you received: 27
Here we go again with the "check the cable" stuff. Well I can assure it's not. Direct connections, Pegasus UPB V2, different computers, different cables (and yes quality cables) al the same. At some point it will go in error. (Exposures on the cameras collide? I don't know but for me it is very reproducable)

Paul
3 years 1 month ago #67775

Hello,

I spent two nights in remote mode with a RPI4, my PC used only to control the Kstars session running on the RPI. Absolutely no issues with the two QHY linked directely on the USB3 port of the RPI.
3 years 1 month ago #67957

In fact, the issue appears when you use the RPI or TinkerBoard only as a server Indi. In this case, only one Indi profile XML is created for cameras instead of two. And so during the session, enough quickly, one of the camera freezes, often the 224C.

No issue when using RPI as a computer running Kstars-Ekos-Indi.
2 years 11 months ago #71049

Time to create page: 0.436 seconds