INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Sony Alpha 7iii Set Up Issues

• Thank you received: 1
Hey Everyone - new poster here and new to INDI / astrophotography. Have a relatively (I hope) straightforward issue that I hope to fix soon (it is CLEAR out tonight!) and get back to capturing photons ;)

My setup: RedCat 51, iOptron Skyguider Pro, Sony Alpha 7iii ( ILCE-7M3 ), Raspberry Pi 4 + Stellarmate

My programming / pi skills are novice, so please keep it basic even though I am learning rapidly.

I have Stellarmate installed, and am able to access via VNC and use the software no problem. I also connected with the app initially and it appears my profile is working appropriately in Ekos and Indi with it showing the Sony. I likewise messed around the PC control options so that seems to be in order as well (though maybe not?).

The issue is when I go to capture a preview or any image. When I do this in Ekos it throws me an error to check INDI settings that it is unable to capture. I go to INDI and it says I need to update my CCD information. Ok fine, so I enter in the info as I think it should be using this website: www.digicamdb.com/specs/sony_alpha-7/

The problem is that it does not let me set this. It simply stays red and refused to update the information. I also tried to capture previews to allow it to do this automatically, and no dice.

I hope this is relatively straightforward newbie stuff! See attached screenshots. Any ideas?

3 years 1 month ago #67950
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I responded to your email, but I'll post it here again. Put 6000x4000 and 5.91 for the the pixel size. If you click the red trash icon next to the camera, you should get this dialog.
3 years 1 month ago #68011

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds