INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

QHY CCD problem with frame dimensions

• Thank you received: 1
Hello,

I have the same problem: it seems that QHY6 driver works well when you try to guide for the first time (I guide a Skywatcher EQ8 through EQMod), but if you stop guiding and later you try to restart guiding, the driver fails. Even the QHY6 dissapears from the camera menu and only remains the science CCD (in my case, the SBIG ST-8 XME). It seems this problem is quite common, I know another friend with the same problem.

I'm going to replace the QHY6 by an ASI 120MM, hope this CMOS won't give these problems.

Apart from this but, Ekos seems great: I'm currently migrating from SGPro to Ekos and it is much more lighter than the heavy and slow SGPro. The plate solve and the overall program are very fast compared with SGPro and guiding is fine when the QHY6 works.

Greetings,
Fran
2 years 7 months ago #74866

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
Greetings nMAC,

Unfortunately, no solution for these problems so far. I also have the same problems (frame dimensions won't save and camera freezing after exposure stops). I also had a problem with guiding here: indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/10106-probl...n-guiding.html#74868 . Fortunately, the problem was solved by installing the latest SDK thanks to the useful advice. Fingers crossed if we can have a solution to the problems arising here. I noticed that Kstars on Astroberry (3.4 edition if I remember well) didn't have these 2 problems with QHY.
2 years 7 months ago #74869

• Thank you received: 87
Greetings Georgios and thanks for answering the post.
Unfortunately I have already tried to install the latest SDK on QHY site (21.08.26), both on Linux x86_64 and MacOS Catalina and
both are recognized on the indi as the newer version, the connection is made but both problems persist.
I have reverted the KStars version to 3.4 version as you said but it's the same.

Regards

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by nMAC.
2 years 7 months ago #74880

• Thank you received: 17
Anyone know how to fix this? I still get this error, see attached image...
Is it a problem with indi or the QHY driver?
2 years 5 months ago #76872
Attachments:

It is suggest above that an updated qhy sdk fixes the problems. How does one update the sdk and make Indi use the new sdk? Would it be necessary to recompile Indi to do this?
2 years 5 months ago #76932

You get it here and install it:
www.qhyccd.com/download/

You may have to thinker with it I remember I had so make new symlinks to the new libs.

I already tried several times and versions, I have installed it successfully, it detected and used by INDI Driver but neither problem was solved (dimensions and hanging after stop). At least on x86-64 platform.
2 years 5 months ago #76936

Thanks, i will try it out.

Is the problem causing other problems for you or are you just ignoring the error messages and everything works perfectly well?
2 years 5 months ago #76937

I just published libqhy v21.10.26 and it should be in the nightlies. You can try that, not sure if they fixed this particular issue since then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nMAC
2 years 5 months ago #76938

I saved the geometry dimensions manually and it worked. Until I stop the exposure. The camera hangs and it disapears from the usb bus.
You have to disconnect it from the usb port and connect again. Try with the libqhy that Jasem put on the ppa. That was the last version I tried
and it did not solve the problems. Maybe you are luckier than me.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by nMAC.
2 years 5 months ago #76939

Thanks to both of you, I will try the nightly.

Have anyone presented the problem to QHY? I guess its a driver problem?
2 years 5 months ago #76948

I think the problem is really on the linux SDK as the older version (wich I don't remember) on my RPi3 worked without any problems.
I am also using it with Windows (ASCOM and Native) and I don't have any problems with it so I know the problem is not the camera itself.
Maybe this issue came up on the very old qhy forum some time ago, but I dont think it was solved or even answered.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by nMAC.
2 years 5 months ago #76949

Yeah, my camera worked perfectly. Then i updated Indi+kstars and it gave this error.

I will write to qhy if the nightly does not fix the problem.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by S.
2 years 5 months ago #76953

Time to create page: 1.200 seconds