INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

CCD Cameras not recognized by Ekos after upgrade to 3.5.3 stable

• Thank you received: 0
again same for me (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS) 
QHY_CCD and Altair no connection but a ZWO 178mm is up and running

CS Heiner
2 years 11 months ago #70689
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 76
2 years 11 months ago #70692
  • Thank you received: 7
I have the same problem.
QHYCCD is not recognized by the updated new INDI (1.9.0).
This has also happened in Nightly Build for some time.
The following message is output.

Unable to establish:
+ QHY CCD
Please ensure the device is connected and powered on.

Of course, the device is connected and powered on.
It is recognized normally in INDI version 1.8.9.
I have stopped updating to the new version.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by norikyu.
2 years 11 months ago #70714
  • Thank you received: 69
My equipment works on  Stellarmate's latest Build: 2021-04-23T17:00:52Z  Stable release.
but the Nikon DSLR driver doesn't connect on either the stable or nightly builds on Unbuntumate 20.0.4 on an Odroid-N2
although it seems like there is a service running
 "2021-04-27T15:42:59: Driver indi_nikon_ccd: pid=196435 rfd=5 wfd=10 efd=11"

A log file showing this from the last run is attached

File Attachment:

File Name: log_12-42-37.txt
File Size:100 KB

How do I determine the  current indilib version and gphoto2 version?
2 years 11 months ago #70723
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 2
Greetings again guys, 

I finally made it (still don't know what exactly solved the problem). I purged everything from the system,kstars-bleeding,indi-bin,indi-full everything. Then I built indi from source following the directions here: indilib.org/forum/general/210-howto-buil...st-libindi-ekos.html . I successfully built indi and indi 3rd party drivers from source but a problem occurred when I tried to build Kstars from source and couldn't solve it. Then I installed kstars-bleeding from PPA following the directions and everything is working fine now. Kstars 3.5.3 stable.
Hope I helped you a bit with that but still don't know what exactly was the solution. I think the proper installation of 3rd party drivers was the solution.

Clear skies to everyone.

Best regards,
George.
2 years 11 months ago #70749
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 17
I did not purge the previous 3.5.3 but went to the ppa and installed Kstars-bleeding and it left me with Kstars 3.5.4 Beta instead of 3.5.3 Stable? I am trying to purge the nightly build ppa and try again. Could you explicitly show the commands you used to install Kstars 3.5.3 Stable. The Kstars 3.5.4 Beta was still not showing my SX CCD in the Indi Control Panel, so I am still trying to get a stable working Kstars for my equipment.

thanks,
2 years 11 months ago #70756
  • Thank you received: 2
Greetings Ronald. You can purge the nighty build following the commands here with ppa-purge command: www.indilib.org/download.html . Also you can purge everything with sudo apt purge (what you want) for example sudo apt purge indi-full. After purging everything you start all over following the commands here: indilib.org/forum/general/210-howto-buil...st-libindi-ekos.html . You can give it a try and build from source.
2 years 11 months ago #70758
I got my QHY camera working by purging/reinstalling kstars and indi-full as recommended above, and then rebuilding and installing just libqhy from the 3rd party drivers from github. Now I seem to have everything working.  I tried (and failed) to rebuild indi_qhy_ccd, but that wasn't needed in the end.
2 years 11 months ago #70759
The kstars and indi-full installs were from the repository.  That wasn't clear in my previous message. The only thing I had to build and install was lbqhy.
2 years 11 months ago #70760
Thanks,
I had an indication from Jasem that the PPA had resolved the issue (a day or so ago). When I use the ppa and install Kstars-bleeding I ended up with Kstars 3.5.4 Beta and my SX CCD still did not show up in the Indi Control Panel. So I was trying to find a way to get to 3.5.3 stable. I found this info on one of the download pages:

"If you would like to stop using Nightly PPA builds and instead return to using stable PPA builds then run the following commands:
sudo apt-get install ppa-purge
sudo ppa-purge ppa:mutlaqja/indinightly "

So I did that and I ended up with Kstars 3.5.3 Stable, but my SX CCD is still not connecting. However now I get a message from Indi(?) that the SX CCD is not connecting and I should check if it is connected and powered up. It is connected, it shows up in lsusb as the Starlight Express Lodestar and it runs fine in PHD2.

I seem to be making progress as at least now I get a warning about the SX CCD but I don't know how else to debug the connection to Kstars/EKOS

If I go to the Device Manager in Kstars and select the SX CCD and hit Run Service it says:
"Driver Indi_sx_ccd pid=2074 rfd=4 wfd=11 efd=12
Client 5: new arrival from 127.0.0.1:46726 - welcome!"

so somewhere it seems to be recognized, but not in Ekos?
the log does not tell me much more than it is not connecting.

Having run the ppa:purge above will I now only get 'stable' versions of Kstars rather than nightly builds? Yet installing kstars-bleeding seems to imply that you will get the latest (nightly) build. I have not tried it but can you just run:
sudo apt-get install kstars (instead of kstars bleeding)

Not sure any of this has to do with the SX CCD issue. It does seem that this update of release of 3.5.3 stable has a lot fewer issues than a few days ago. I am just trying to let the developers know that there are still some issues.

thanks,
2 years 11 months ago #70761
I am installing all the dependencies to build now. But still unsure of how to build the 3rd party drivers for SX CCD. I will have to look on the git page when I get to that point.
2 years 11 months ago #70763
I have a CMAKE error 285 of "could not find INDI include directory"
looking at the log now, it does not help much.
2 years 11 months ago #70765
Time to create page: 1.986 seconds