INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

DSLR MacOS connection problem

• Thank you received: 1
I’ve been using Ekos about a month and do love it. It does everything and looks good doing it. 

My issue is with my DSLR connection. It loses connection sometimes when taking a photo or uploading it to Ekos. Usually the first few hours and then it’ll work smoothly the rest of the night. 

I’m using a 2010 MacBook Pro, 8GB, 256GB SSD. Canon 6D DSLR, ZWO120mini guide camera, EQ6Rc all 3 connect to a powered hub, that connects to the MacBook via 15’ USB 2.0 hub. I never have issues with the mount or guide camera. Only the DSLR timing out or stopping during a shot. There have been nights though when once everything’s working it goes all night flawlessly.

Am I asking too much of an 11yo MacBook? Mind you when shooting and guiding the CPU runs around 45%, memory 11%, temperature is below 105f. Or maybe I’m asking too much of a USB 2.0 running 3 devices simultaneously through a 15’ cable? Just doesn’t make sense sometimes it’s flawless. Also I keep WiFi and BT turned off and don’t run anything in background. Sorry I don’t have any logs. 

Thanks for the help and the great program.
2 years 10 months ago #72375

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 21

Replied by Grimaldi on topic A few questions and issues

Please use a more specific title.
Are you using a quality cable for your camera?
Is it powered by batteries, one being older?
2 years 10 months ago #72462

• Thank you received: 812
I have had that happen sometimes when using a DSLR.  I mainly use usb connected astronomy cameras so I don't often have the issue.  I think it could have been related to the camera going to sleep after a certain period of time of non-access or issues with the battery.  Is one of these possibly the culprit?
2 years 10 months ago #72572

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds