INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AstraLite - simple INDI client for astrophotography and livestacking

• Thank you received: 33
I must say that I totaly agree with Denis here. With all respect, but Ekos UX really isn't that great. I prefer AstraLite UX over Ekos so far. What's even point in working on new application if it is copy of existing one or if it requires existing one to operate. I think star chart, even most simple one, would be great addition to AstraLite. Denis made great work here and we should support that in every possible way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq, Euripides
Last edit: 10 months 4 days ago by Simon.
10 months 4 days ago #93039

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I actually agree with you Simon. Remember that Ekos was created in 2012, so it's 13 years old now. However, changing the Ekos UI at this stage is not a good idea as many users are *already* used to it. But I agree that AstraLite UX is simpler and Dennis is doing a phenomenal job with this app!
10 months 4 days ago #93041

10 months 4 days ago #93043

• Thank you received: 17
10 months 4 days ago #93045

• Thank you received: 30
Add a button that uses an existing function. (rather than using Ekos)

AstraLite uses only buttons and the excellent StellarSolver.

AstraLite keeps it simple
10 months 4 days ago #93046

• Thank you received: 30

I think that it will be simple and easy to use by linking with the functions of Kstars and Ekos as shown in the figure.
I think that adding too many functions to AstraLite will make it difficult to use.

I would like to make good use of the linkage function and hope for a simple and easy-to-use evolution.
Last edit: 10 months 3 days ago by T-Studio.
10 months 3 days ago #93047
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 51
@DENIS
I just tested the latest version. And I am enthusiast about your project.
I searched the guider daclaration in the gui without founding it. Is it normal or is this not yet implemented ?
Would be nice to have some themes availables to be able to change the ui apparence. On my PC the ui appears in white and there is no other themes available. Maybe a leak in the git repository.
But that a great idea to offers a tab oriented gui to INDI.
Cheers
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Patrick.
8 months 3 weeks ago #93794

Guiding by main camera is little disguised now )) I will change this in the future to make it more clear.

This means 1) AstraLite will run mount calibration after tacking first light frame, 2) will correct mount position after each light frame if stars move more than 5 pixels relative of first frame

Also I can insert checkbox to make INDI properties tabs standard.

What OS are you using? AstraLite uses current GTK theme in Linux and also allows to select theme (light/dark) in MS Windows.
8 months 3 weeks ago #93796
Attachments:

I would agree with Euripides in the comment.....
I hope that all of you guys will have the time one day to improve Ekos with your ideas and programming skills. For example I am looking your GUI and I wish I could have the ability to have my Ekos like this.

Here is my WISHLIST: I would like to see Ekos with the ability for external modules, so that others can add these components and be independent (if they so decide).
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by AstroMuni.
8 months 3 weeks ago #93798

[quote="Jasem Mutlaq post=93041 userid=1"]I actually agree with you Simon. Remember that Ekos was created in 2012, so it's 13 years old now. However, changing the Ekos UI at this stage is not a good idea as many users are *already* used to it. But I agree that AstraLite UX is simpler and Dennis is doing a phenomenal job with this app![/quote]
Hi @Jasem
I think you should ask the users if they would prefer a UI change in Ekos and in my opinion most will be in favour of it. I agree Ekos has a dated UI and the work done by Denis for Astralite is the way forward for UI.
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by AstroMuni.
8 months 3 weeks ago #93799

• Thank you received: 51
I use Linux Mint 20.4 and higher on my PC and Ubuntu MATE on the RPi.
What I wanted to say is that I didn't find any place to declare the guiding camera and guiding optic when guiding in parallel (what I am doing).
8 months 3 weeks ago #93802

Now Astralite only supports simple guiding by main camera (not with separate guiding camera). Read description in first post.

My telescope setup doesn't include guiding camera so I don't plan to make guiding camera support in the near future
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Denis.
8 months 3 weeks ago #93803

Time to create page: 2.872 seconds