INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

kstars build issue with updated stellarsolver

• Thank you received: 809
I'm sorry, I am not sure I understand the question, are you asking if you should do another pull to fix the issue?  If so I hope the answer is yes.  I made a change as I said to fix the issue and it was accepted earlier today (invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/merge_requests/532), so I would hope that it does fix the issue.  All of you who were reporting the issue can tell me if it actually did fix the issue.  Sorry I can't answer whether it did actually fix it simply because I thought I had fixed it the first time, but I hadn't realized it was in another spot in the code.  but hopefully the second time its good :-). Please let me know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Archer
2 years 1 month ago #80540

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4
Rob,

I'm not as skilled as many here.  What I'm asking is was the change you made specific to the issue about Solver not compiling?  Can I "uncomment" that one line and recompile?  I suppose I can recompile with STABLE and it should overwrite  LATEST ?

Jay S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Archer
2 years 1 month ago #80541

Ok I understand your question a little better now.  The issue was that you had to comment out that line because I had made a change to stellarsolver to remove a feature we were not even using in KStars. That meant that we had to remove any lines in KStars that turned off that feature we weren't using because it doesn't exist anymore.  The change I just made was to remove that command you had to comment out in the latest GIT.  If you do a git pull from the latest master, it won't even have that line anymore, so there is no more need to comment it out, but of course you need to do a git pull to update to the latest code to get that line removed.  If you have already commented it out, then it should work fine as well, but you won't have the latest code  Does that make more sense?
2 years 1 month ago #80543

• Thank you received: 17
Rob,
I've just completed a stable install on a Raspberry Pi 4 using the new 64 bit Raspberry Pi Bullseye OS and the changes you've made have worked fine. All installed and working.

So there's now no need to comment out line 81 as mentioned by Jerry in his post.

Many Thanks

Alan
2 years 1 month ago #80546

Hi Alan, you are probably either using the latest version of KStars or a slightly older version of stellarsolver.  the method setLoadWCS doesn't exist in stellarsolver anymore, so it should not be set to false in KStars now.  But if you are using the latest git, I did fix the problem I believe.
2 years 1 month ago #80551

• Thank you received: 17
Rob,

I used Nou's astro-soft-stable script to build the stable release from KStars.

I know Jay was having issues with this same install, as he referred me here from another topic.

So it looks like your fix has worked.

Many Thanks

Alan
2 years 1 month ago #80556

• Thank you received: 69
Hi,
I can report that using my newly modified script (github.com/JerryBlack/buildKstarsNightlyFromGit) I was able to compile from git on both Ubuntu 20.0.4 and Stellarmate 1.7.0 so that Rob's merge did the trick.
I presume Nou's script would have worked as well for me.
2 years 1 month ago #80557

• Thank you received: 4
Up and running with Nou's script.. PHD2 also installed cleanly!!

Thanks to all..

Jay S.
2 years 1 month ago #80589

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds