INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mount dither isn’t random and never recenters?

• Thank you received: 12
I was imaging a lot over the last week and was doing 150 shot runs. I’m using a 10u so I use mount dithers. The random dithers seem pretty predictable; it also results in significant movement off center when you’re taking 150 pictures. 

would I be better doing multiple jobs with 25-50 pictures so I get a recenter in? Can it do the movements in a less predictive right and down motion? So it goes around the coordinates?

2 years 2 months ago #80649

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 109
As workaround probably don't dither after each frame. But yes you can split it to smaller jobs so it recenter before each batch.
2 years 2 months ago #80655

• Thank you received: 33
> would I be better doing multiple jobs with 25-50 pictures so I get a recenter in? Can it do the movements in a less
> predictive right and down motion? So it goes around the coordinates?
I think there is a known issue with that at the moment, so the workaround is what @Nou has suggested. When I dont use a guidescope I use this method of periodic realigning. You will need to find out the maximum number of frames that you can capture before drift is noticeable and then create appropriate sequence size. That way you can use dither at set intervals with less risk of image going off the track.
Clear Skies,
Pramod

My kit: SW 130PDS on a HEQ5 Pro mount, ZWO ASI533mc Pro, 30mm guidescope with ASI120mm mini, managed using Kstars/Ekos, RPi with Stellarmate OS, ASI224mc, bits and bobs for visual observations.
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by AstroMuni.
2 years 2 months ago #80658

Time to create page: 1.142 seconds