INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AZ GTi tracking performance

A few users reported issues with SkyWatcher Az-GTi having poor tracking performance while imaging. Using Synscan App to track apparently gives superior results to the INDI SkyWatcherAltAzMount driver.

I added a Github issue about it to at least document the problem and see if anyone can help improve this. Whatever solution we can come up with, it can be generalized for other Alt-Az mounts as well. Help is greatly appreciated!
2 years 1 month ago #81680

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
I have a celestron astro fi ALT AZ mount. I was suffering poor tracking until I changed few driver options. I found that changing AXIS1 PID and AXIS2 PID Proportional values to 10 (by deafault they were set to 80), tracking was working perfectly: target was kept centered during 30 mins at least.
I know it's not same mount but maybe it could help.

Best regards,
Jacobo
2 years 4 weeks ago #81723

• Thank you received: 1
I am using AZ-GTI mount in EQ mod with stellarmate. Initially used the mount in AZ mode, max exposure without star trails was about 20 seconds.
In EQ mode without guiding I able to shoot subs with no star trails up to 2 mins.
Now I am using OAG, with a good polar alignment I was able to shoot subs up to 4 minutes.
Actually I hit the light pollution limit, I set the gain to 0, but still getting over exposed images after 4 minutes.
So I am hoping I can shoot beyond 5 minutes.

I will try synscan app, will update once I get a measured result.

Kemal
2 years 4 weeks ago #81732

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds