INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problems building Kstars / Ekos 3.6.8 on macOS

• Thank you received: 276
Hi, I'm having problems building the latest EKOS on MacOS. I'm following instructions from here: "github.com/rlancaste/kstars-on-osx-craft". The build script fails compiling drvrnet.c in the cfitsio library.

Does anyone have any ideas?

-- Build files have been written to: /Users/johnevans/AstroRoot/craft-root/build/libs/cfitsio/work/build
executing command: /Users/johnevans/AstroRoot/craft-root/dev-utils/bin/ninja -j 16
[1/90] Building C object CMakeFiles/cfitsio.dir/drvrgsiftp.c.o
[2/90] Building C object CMakeFiles/cfitsio.dir/drvrsmem.c.o
[3/90] Building C object CMakeFiles/Fitscopy.dir/fitscopy.c.o
[4/90] Building C object CMakeFiles/Funpack.dir/funpack.c.o
[5/90] Building C object CMakeFiles/cfitsio.dir/drvrnet.c.o
FAILED: CMakeFiles/cfitsio.dir/drvrnet.c.o
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -DCFITSIO_HAVE_CURL -DHAVE_NET_SERVICES -Dcfitsio_EXPORTS -isystem /Users/johnevans/AstroRoot/craft-root/include -fdiagnostics-color=always -O2 -g -DNDEBUG -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX11.3.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.13 -fPIC -MD -MT CMakeFiles/cfitsio.dir/drvrnet.c.o -MF CMakeFiles/cfitsio.dir/drvrnet.c.o.d -o CMakeFiles/cfitsio.dir/drvrnet.c.o -c /Users/johnevans/AstroRoot/craft-root/build/libs/cfitsio/work/cfitsio/drvrnet.c
/Users/johnevans/AstroRoot/craft-root/build/libs/cfitsio/work/cfitsio/drvrnet.c:313:7: error: implicit declaration of function 'alarm' is invalid in C99 [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
alarm(0);
2 years 1 day ago #81779

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 809
I seem to remember we had this issue before with a function called alarm. What version of macOS are you building on? There are several possible solutions. I will have to see if I can remember what caused it the last time. One solution if alarm is actually fine is to turn off the implicit declaration flag in the recipe. Another is that maybe a package is outdated and needs updating. Or maybe a header file needs to be included.

Also note that we now have daily builds on kde binary factory since I got most of the script functions into the craft recipes. So if you just want the latest version you can just download it.
2 years 1 day ago #81780

Hi Rob,

I'm on macOS Big Sur, 11.6

Taking a step back, what I'm doing is trying to get a Qt environment working. I have some changes that I've made against a previous version of EKOS that I wanted to put into 3.6.8 and finish off what I'm doing. If what I'm doing works I'd like to push the changes back into the core product.

So previously I built Kstars using the script then followed the instructions to get Kstars working in Qt. So trying to get back to this point with 3.5.8

I'm aware of the daily builds but obviously that won't help with what I'm trying to do at the moment.

I haven't had this problem with "alarm" before so I guess previously something like your suggestion to "turn off the implicit declaration flag in the recipe" had been done but somehow now its turned on.
2 years 1 day ago #81786

So a clean build ('-r') made the problem go away. So the build script and Qt are working again.
1 year 11 months ago #81876

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds