INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mouse Pointer and Wayland ...

• Thank you received: 31
An old bug still there with 3.5.9 stable. The mouse pointer disappears under Wayland. Any chance to fix it ? (building with different parameters, etc ... )

- Marc
1 year 10 months ago #83111

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 109

Replied by Jim on topic Mouse Pointer and Wayland ...

I missed this post, but have the same problem. I am looking to see what to do to fix it. The pointer works in every other aspect, except in the main kstars window. The pointer appears when you grab and pan, and when you left-click, but as soon as you move to the main screen, it is gone.
1 year 8 months ago #85319

1 year 8 months ago #85321

Replied by Jim on topic Mouse Pointer and Wayland ...

This appear to be a problem with Wayland and proprietary video drivers (at least in my case). If I set the system to use X11 instead of Wayland, the pointer is back, and everything works fine. It also feels faster. I am using proprietary nVidia drivers with a 3070.

Of note, kstars sky map changes the default cursor to an `X`. I do not remember this being the case in older versions of kstars, so it could be something in Wayland doesn't handle the custom hardware cursor?
1 year 8 months ago #85323

• Thank you received: 0
It still appears to be an issue in 3.6.5 on Ubuntu. Wayland has been default in Ubuntu for three years. There should be a fix or workaround by now without switching back to X11.
9 months 2 weeks ago #93757

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds