INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

RA values from mount libindi c++

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I am currently implementing INDI functionality into my capture application. I have most of the functionality working but I am confused by the Right Ascension value that I am receiving from the Telescope Simulator. I am getting the RA and DEC values by using the following code:
INumber *raprop = IUFindNumber(m_prop_eq_coord, "RA");
INumber *decprop = IUFindNumber(m_prop_eq_coord, "DEC");
std::cout << "RA = raprop.value << " DEC = decprop.value << std::endl;

The code snippet above gives me the coordinates that the mount is currently pointing at in decimal. The Declination value is correct but the Right Ascension value appears to be way off. For example, I slew the Telescope Simulator to Messier 1 which has a RA value of +83.63308 but the value that comes from the code above is 5.50327 which is quite difference. I know the simulator is pointing at the correct part of the simulated sky because I have saved an image and plate solved it. I first noticed this problem when trying to convert the RA value to HH::MM:SS.

I'm clearly doing something wrong or misunderstanding something. Is there some special conversion that I need to do to the RA value coming from the code above?
Amanda
1 year 9 months ago #83653

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 559
Just a guess, but could it be that the RA value you're getting is in hours, not degrees.
5.5 hours * 15 degrees/hour = 82.55 degrees
which is close to the 83.63 degrees you expected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
1 year 9 months ago #83656

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds