INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Error in Flag manager

• Thank you received: 133
I just ran a cross an error in the input parsing of the flags manager of KStars:

If you create a new flag, the RA coordinate gets filled in as degrees (e.g., 268 20 52), and I can change numbers there and select 'save changes' to update values. However, if I select an existing flag, it fills in the RA position in hour notation (e.g., 17h 52m 04s). If I press the save button, this entry gets parsed wrongly, obviously trying to interpret that as degrees, and the table ends up with an entry of
01h 11m 29s.
It seems consistent with the tooltip that doesn't list the hour notation as valid entry. But as the table uses this format, it should either be supported, or converted to degrees in the input field when selecting a table entry.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm using a recent git version of KStars
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Gonzothegreat. Reason: edit: subject
1 year 9 months ago #83759

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by David Wing on topic Error in Flag manager

I get a similar issue with the Flag Manager, attached pics shows an example. Only the RA field seems to generate the wrong value. I noticed this issue after I upgraded astroberry on my RPi4 on 2022-09-02.

Image1 shows the RA value of "21 14 1.8" keyed in, and when the add button is clicked the resulting value is "01h 24m 56s" (image2) which isn't close. I tried other formats such as "21h 14m 1.8s" and "21.23383" but also produced the same incorrect result. Clicking on the recorded entry causes the input fields to be refreshed, and that results in the same erroneous RA value of "01h 24m 56s" being displayed (image3). At this point, it is not possible to create flags.

Thanks, David W
1 year 7 months ago #86210
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 86

Replied by maxthebuilder on topic Error in Flag manager

I ran into this just a couple of days ago too
-- Max S
ZWO AM5. RST-135. AZ-GTI. HEQ5. iOptron SkyTracker.
TPO RC6. FRA400. Rokinon 135 and other lenses.
ZWO ASI2600MC. D5500 modified with UVIR clip-in filter.
ZWO ASI120MM Mini x 2. ZWO 30F4 guider. Orion 50mm guider.
ZWO EAF x 3.
1 year 7 months ago #86215

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by David Wing on topic Error in Flag manager

I figured out the magic formula to key in RA values to work around this bug with the Flag Manager. Enter the hour, min and sec values each multiplied by 15. For example, "150 300 450" will create an entry of "10d 20m 30s" for RA. No change is needed for DEC. A screen shot is attached.
1 year 7 months ago #86239
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds