INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Unavailable telescope properties

• Thank you received: 9
Hi!

I'm updating the lx200gemini driver. Some properties are only available on newer versions of the gemini firmware. Should I only define the property if it is available? Or should I just make sure not to send commands that are not available, and set an error led / message?

Jamie
1 year 8 months ago #84371

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31
Jamie,

I am wondering if some of your changes have already made into the source and possibly changed the behaviour as per my recent post.

indilib.org/forum/mounts/11954-error-rea...timeout-error-4.html

If not, then I would say that it depends on how the Gemini controller behaves when confronted with commands it does not recognise.

Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Amendolagine
1 year 8 months ago #84375

Yes, those errors were introduced by me. I've submitted a fix for review.

Jamie
1 year 8 months ago #84378

• Thank you received: 31
Jamie,

I am using the latest general release firmware for the Gemini 2 controller and if the error message is accurate then it seems to timeout when a non recognised command is received.

You may not be aware that they are currently testing a significant rewrite of the firmware that may have additional functionality.

I am wondering if there is a way to query the controller for a version so that you can implement functions based on the version.

Paul
1 year 8 months ago #84380

I was adding new functionality to the indi driver to use the latest Gemini updates. I did not handle different versions of Gemini firmware. I've since updated it to do the right thing for different versions of Gemini firmware. It's under review now.
1 year 8 months ago #84383

My changes have been merged to master. You should not be getting errors relating to gemini firmware version now. There will also be less properties showing in the UI as well.

Jamie
1 year 8 months ago #84394

Time to create page: 0.324 seconds