INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Unlinked Stellarsolver libraries while building KStars

• Thank you received: 226
First off, I recently performed an inplace upgrade from Linux Buster to Bullseye to allow me to compile latest version of KStars. But I have encountered a missing shared library issue that looks like this during KStars build.
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcfitsio.so.7, needed by /usr/local/lib/libstellarsolver.so.2.2, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libgsl.so.23, needed by /usr/local/lib/libstellarsolver.so.2.2, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libwcs.so.6, needed by /usr/local/lib/libstellarsolver.so.2.2, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libcfitsio.so.7, needed by /usr/local/lib/libstellarsolver.so.2.2, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libgsl.so.23, needed by /usr/local/lib/libstellarsolver.so.2.2, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libwcs.so.6, needed by /usr/local/lib/libstellarsolver.so.2.2, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

It also appears to have failed to find some things at the start of the process.
- Performing Test CMAKE_HAVE_LIBC_PTHREAD
-- Performing Test CMAKE_HAVE_LIBC_PTHREAD - Failed
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
1 year 6 months ago #86561

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102
Since you did an in-place upgrade, I bet your build directory is still referencing some of the old libraries. I have found that just rerunning cmake isn't always enough. I have to actually delete and recreate the build folder to get it to completely refresh its dependencies.

Edit:

Also, you said you're building KStars. Did you rebuild stellarsolver, since it's stellarsolver that's referencing the outdated libraries? That will need to be rebuilt as well, as well as indi and indi-3rdparty.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Kevin Ross.
1 year 6 months ago #86562

I cleared the entire build folder that is used by the AstroPi3 setup script and Stellarsolver was rebuilt prior to the KStars build.
1 year 6 months ago #86563

I just noticed libstellarsolver is in /usr/local/lib. I thought the astropi3 script put everything in /usr/lib. Maybe the one in /usr/local/lib is an old one that's conflicting with the one in /usr/lib? Can you check? Check the file times as well, to see if it's a recently built file or an old one.
1 year 6 months ago #86564

I just double-checked the astropi3 script (I never use it, I do it the hard way :) ), and it does indeed put everything in /usr/bin and /usr/lib. If you see any artifacts in /usr/local/bin or /usr/local/lib those will conflict with the stuff built by the astropi3 script.
1 year 6 months ago #86565

I found libstellarsolver.so.2.2 in /usr/local/lib. No conflicting versions to be found in /usr/lib.
Although the version found in /usr.local/lib is a couple days old, from just before I performed the inplace upgrade. I should probably delete it and re-try. Thank you.
1 year 6 months ago #86566

I slightly misspoke. I said /usr/lib. If you're on a 64-bit OS then it would go into /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu. So you can check there as well.
1 year 6 months ago #86567

Upon rebuilding Stellarsolver, Kstars compile error locating that library.
Make Error at /usr/local/lib/cmake/StellarSolver/StellarSolverConfig.cmake:79 (message):
  The imported target "StellarSolver::stellarsolver" references the file

"/usr/local/lib/libstellarsolver.so.2.2"

but this file does not exist.  Possible reasons include:

* The file was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location.

* An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully.

* The installation package was faulty and contained

"/usr/local/lib/cmake/StellarSolver/StellarSolverConfig.cmake"
And as matter of fact a file new version of the file appeared in /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu
libstellarsolver.so.2.4
Note it is now 2.4, not 2.2
1 year 6 months ago #86568

Sounds like more cleaning up is needed. Since astropi3 puts everything into /usr/bin and /usr/lib, I'm not sure how you got stuff put into /usr/local. That will happen if you build manually instead of using the script.

On my system, the only thing in /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/bin are kstars-related stuff, because I choose to install there instead of /usr/bin and /usr/lib. On your system, I would expect those folders to be practically empty. You might want to try removing everything out of those folders and build again.
1 year 6 months ago #86569

The file CMake Error at /usr/local/lib/cmake/StellarSolver/StellarSolverConfig.cmake was also a couple days old. I've now cleaned it too.

Edit:
Making progress, Stand by.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Andrew.
1 year 6 months ago #86570

Great news. After going in and cleaning some of those things up in the build directory and elsewhere. I have successfully compiled everything. With the exception of GSC.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ Building and Installing GSC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GSC is already installed
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Package libwxgtk3.0-dev is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libwxgtk3.0-dev' has no installation candidate
I found that version was replaced with libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-dev hand installed it, but the compiler isn't using it.
apt-get -y install libwxgtk3.0-gtk3-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libpng-dev
1 year 6 months ago #86583

Hmm I've never tried to build GSC. KStars should run without it.
1 year 6 months ago #86587

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds