INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PMC8 SOUTHERN Hemisphere

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, first post, and I couldn't find a reference to this problem. I 'am running an explore Scientific exos2 with PMC8, and I've notice that the INDI (PMC8.CPP and PMC8Driver.CPP) drivers up there seems to manage the parked declination as a constant = 90 instead of considering the latitude. I live in Argentina, so my latitude is -34.... therefore no stlellarmate, or asiair or ekos will work (in fact , they don't). Is there anyone in this forum that can review this?, I can manage c++ but I am not skilled on how the math of the movements of the scope would work!
Thanks
Martin
1 year 1 month ago #90122

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Len North on topic PMC8 SOUTHERN Hemisphere

Hey Martin, Sorry, I just took a break to bring in my gear as it has started to rain lightly.
My latitude is -33:58;58.8 so that's pretty close to yours and I have been using Ekos / Stellarmate since 2017 and I have no southern hemisphere issues. Let me reread your post and I'll be around for a while.
Len
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Ruiz
1 year 1 month ago #90124

• Thank you received: 0
Len, thanks for your reply... are you using the pmc8 driver?
1 year 1 month ago #90127

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Len North on topic PMC8 SOUTHERN Hemisphere

Simple answer is NO, I am not using the pmc8 driver, but I understand that you would like to shortcut a solution so here is my considered answer.
When I first came onto indi a kind person on the forum told me I was in the wrong place for a quick resolution and it has taken me ages to navigate the KDE bugs reporting procedure, so here is my idea of giving you a helpful answer.
Before you report your bug,
1) Assemble a text document that contains your System Info (About this System) on your clipboard.
2) Use the shortcut on KStars > Help > Submit Bug Report.
3) Launch Bug Report Wizard as shown and populate where you can.
I expected to be able to paste 6 attachments at a time, but after the first attachment everything disappeared so I started again. The answer is simply "each attachment is another comment" so after the first entry, just add attachments (comments) to the bottom of the page.
Have fun and I'm sure you will get a swift answer.
regards
Len
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Ruiz
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Len North.
1 year 1 month ago #90139

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds