INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver OnStep (LX200 like) for INDI

• Thank you received: 22
Running Indiserver -vvv (devices) in a terminal (or the ssh to your server) will show telemetry and turning on and checking logs in ekos may show errors the driver outputs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paweł Kuśmierski
2 years 10 months ago #71561

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks, I'll try that out.
2 years 10 months ago #71572

• Thank you received: 6

File Attachment:

File Name: log_08-01-17.txt
File Size:77 KB
Just (2021-05-27) git pulled repos, indi_lx200_onstep was new with focuser swap code added. Rebuilt all and initially OnStep, and my two cameras (QHY, ZWO) all came up.About 15 seconds later OnStep crashed. I am including the debug log. Crashes stop forward progress :)
Anything anybody can do/advise would be appreciated.Thanks,Jack
2 years 10 months ago #71684
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 39
I was an idiot and not bounds checking on a function, and variable reuse. (There's probably more than a few other places in the driver.)

Fix is in my repo, and there's a pull request (github.com/indilib/indi/pull/1472) for the main. Should be resolved when that gets merged in.
2 years 10 months ago #71691

Thanks James.

Jack
2 years 10 months ago #71692

• Thank you received: 71
May be you were an idiot, I'm still one :-)
You really do a nice job.
It is now three times I try to pull request just a little change and cannot because I am lost in all the git labyrinth!
Hope the last try is the good one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray Wells, james_lan
2 years 10 months ago #71693

James good work, no crash.

I got tired of waiting for your changes to percolate through to git hub so I pulled them from git.hub/james-lan

No more crashing seems to work but ... the communications back to Ekos is slow as molasses. If I tell it to slew or park for that matter
the scope starts (a tad slower than what I remember) but once started it moves fine gets to its position and we wait like 30 seconds for Ekos
to register anything - like the red bulls eye on a star or the Red Park label.

Thanks for your work, really appreciated.

Jack
2 years 10 months ago #71694

Git is both wonderful and the worst part of most projects if you do something wrong, or there are commits to the same file in the relative area. (Then if when going through to fix it, you miss a section.) These examples are not pulled from the past week (not at all) /s

That looks good. I started to work a little on it, after someone else contributed it. Unfortunately, I got distracted, so there are a few functions OSEnableOutput & Disable which are placeholders. The one that's not is OSGetOutput state, though it's working on different variables. That should probably be merged and/or removed.

One question though, why not do it starting from 1 instead of 0, leaving the 0th always unconfigured?
2 years 10 months ago #71740

Not to worry James,

I went back to the lx200_onstep.cpp and lx200_onstep.h from last week and polluted my git pull directory with those versions
then rebuilt and all is working. I'm sure there is a reference to rev 1.10 that should be 1.9 or some such - oh well, it works.

Thanks for looking into this for us.

Jack
2 years 10 months ago #71741

So for this. Can you run a full log and get everything between :GR# and :GR# ?

That will at least show me where the issue is occurring. Because I can't reproduce it on a mega. (It takes about 200msec for it to pull an update (+ polling time which starts after that completes.)) 

Or if you can find what it is, ex: (This is the polling at 300ms)

[2021-05-29T07:24:21.242 CDT DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] CMD <:fG#> "
[2021-05-29T07:24:21.250 CDT DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] RES <136> "
[2021-05-29T07:24:21.250 CDT DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] CMD <:Fa#> "
[2021-05-29T07:24:21.254 CDT DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] RES <1> "
[2021-05-29T07:24:21.254 CDT DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[DEBUG] :Fa# return: 1 "
[2021-05-29T07:24:21.554 CDT DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] CMD <:GR#> "

[2021-05-29T07:24:21.565 CDT DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] RES <15:17:31> "
[2021-05-29T07:24:21.565 CDT DEBG ][           org.kde.kstars.indi] - LX200 OnStep : "[SCOPE] VAL [15.2919] "
2 years 10 months ago #71747

Ok, lets see if I get these log files attached.

The procedure was,
    - Start up devices in Ekos
    - Unpark
    - Slew to AZ = 180 (due South), ALT = 27
    - Wait for arrival via Bullseye
    - Park
    - Wait for Red Parked label
    - Shutdown

The file labeled old_drivers is last weeks working code
The file labelled new_drives is the new non-working code.

Thanks,
JackOk, lets see if I get these log files attached.

The procedure was,
    - Start up devices in Ekos
    - Unpark
    - Slew to AZ = 180 (due South), ALT = 27
    - Wait for arrival via Bullseye
    - Park
    - Wait for Red Parked label
    - Shutdown

The file labeled old_drivers is last weeks working code
The file labelled new_drives is the new non-working code.

Thanks,
Jack

File Attachment:

File Name: log_13-00-...vers.txt
File Size:167 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: log_12-39-...vers.txt
File Size:963 KB

Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Jack. Reason: Didn't finish
2 years 10 months ago #71749
Attachments:

Ok, I left the rotator checking code on, which is causing a delay.

So I've gone through and checked that on initialization. If a rotator is not detected it will not poll it, which will eliminate the time you were seeing. Additionally, and I may apply this to the focuser in the future, it will not show the rotator control panel.

Additionally, I lowered the delay from 3 to 1 second (minimum) on timeout for some functions called. Which honestly is still too long for OnStep. (There are some further up lx200 calls, which have a timeout of 5 seconds, this won't affect them, to change that would require a global change for the lx200, or modifying about every other function in lx200driver.cpp to add a timeout calling parameter (and all of the ~20 lx200 drivers which use it))
2 years 10 months ago #71768

Time to create page: 1.133 seconds